4 cups finely chopped fresh peaches...peal and pit

2Tabl. fresh lemon juice

5-1/2 cups sugar

1 pkg Sure-Jell

1 teas. butter or margarine...opt. helps prevent foaming

Finely chop frsh peaches...place in in large saucepan

Add lemon juice and package of Sure-jell and mix well

Stir in butter or margarine

Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred on high heat, stirring constantly

Add sugar to fruit mixtute in saucepan.  Return to full rolling boil; exactly 1(one) minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Skim off foam, if any, with metal spoon

Ladle immediately into jars, filling jars to 1/4 inch from top.  Wipe tops and jars. Cover with two-piece lids. Cover tightly.

Place jars on elevated rack in canner.  Lower rack into canner. Water bath must be 1 to 2 inches. Water must cover jars.  Add boiling water if needed.  Cover; bring water to gentle boil.  Process jam for 10 minutes.. Place upright on towel to cool completely.  

Let jars cool for 24 hours.  Store unopened jars in a dry and dark place for up to a year.

This is the recipe inside the Sure-Jell package which also has other fruits for jams and jellies.  I have used these recipes for years and have never had a problem.

I used 8 peaches and got 5 full  pint jars.

If you have any questions, please give me a holler!

Enjoy

@Silverfox1

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling Miata1...Jam recipe

@Silverfox1 wrote:

Cooked Jam Recipe...Peach

4 cups finely chopped fresh peaches...peal and pit

2Tabl. fresh lemon juice

5-1/2 cups sugar

1 pkg Sure-Jell

1 teas. butter or margarine...opt. helps prevent foaming

Finely chop frsh peaches...place in in large saucepan

Add lemon juice and package of Sure-jell and mix well

Stir in butter or margarine

Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred on high heat, stirring constantly

Add sugar to fruit mixtute in saucepan.  Return to full rolling boil; exactly 1(one) minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Skim off foam, if any, with metal spoon

Ladle immediately into jars, filling jars to 1/4 inch from top.  Wipe tops and jars. Cover with two-piece lids. Cover tightly.

Place jars on elevated rack in canner.  Lower rack into canner. Water bath must be 1 to 2 inches. Water must cover jars.  Add boiling water if needed.  Cover; bring water to gentle boil.  Process jam for 10 minutes.. Place upright on towel to cool completely.  

Let jars cool for 24 hours.  Store unopened jars in a dry and dark place for up to a year.

This is the recipe inside the Sure-Jell package which also has other fruits for jams and jellies.  I have used these recipes for years and have never had a problem.

I used 8 peaches and got 5 full  pint jars.

If you have any questions, please give me a holler!

Enjoy

@Silverfox1

i have a question.......can you send me a few jars?!

Regular Contributor

@nana59 I only have 2 jars left...my son came over and helped himself to 3 jars, for himself and my grandson who requested it.  I plan on making more when peaches go on sale again but first I will be making blueberry and strawberry.  I give alot of jars for gifts, soooo!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silverfox1 wrote:

@nana59 I only have 2 jars left...my son came over and helped himself to 3 jars, for himself and my grandson who requested it.  I plan on making more when peaches go on sale again but first I will be making blueberry and strawberry.  I give alot of jars for gifts, soooo!

how did you know i love blueberry and strawberry!!  but my favorite is apricot!  let me know when you make apricot preserves!!  i'll be knocking at your door!!  lol......

Regular Contributor

Thank you.  I love jam and I'll be making this in my Instant Pot!

Trusted Contributor

Silverfox1 -

Thank you so much for writing out the recipe and writing back.  I really appreciate it. I'm sure it is delicious.  We just love anything homemade.  

I am so glad that I looked tonight as it was such a nice surprise.

Thank you again,

Regular Contributor

@miata1 

My pleasure...I hope you give the peach jam a try.  It is sooo good.

Use it as a jam or it can be used as a spread on chicken when baking.  Just another option.

I just made strawberry and blueberry. Just as easy.  Interested!?

Next up I plan on making apple from apple juice and grape from grape juice.

I put some of my jams in different types of decorated jars and give them as presents which gets me some big thank-you's.