Respected Contributor

Does anyone have an easy and tasty cucumber sandwhich recipe?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tea time magazine has loads of wonderful looking recipes like this and so many easy and imaginative things!

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Yield: 8 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 30 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 4 slices white sandwich bread
  • 1 (6-inch) section English cucumber

Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and cream. Beat at medium- high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add lemon zest, dill, and salt, beating at low speed to incorporate. Place cream cheese mixture in a piping bag tted with a small open-star tip (Wilton #21).
  2. Using a 13⁄4-inch square cutter, cut 4 squares from each bread slice. (Place squares in a resealable plastic bag, or cover with damp paper towels to prevent drying out while working.)
  3. Using a mandolin* on a very thin setting, cut 32 paper-thin cucumber slices. Lay cucumber slices on paper towels, and blot dry.
  4. Pipe cream cheese mixture around the edge of 8 bread squares, and then ll in the centers. Lay 4 cucumber slices on each bread slice, letting cucumber slices hang over edge of bread. Top with another bread square.
  5. Serve immediately, or cover sand- wiches with damp paper towels until ready to serve.

Notes
Make-Ahead Tip: Cream-cheese mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. Let come to room temperature before using. Bread squares can be cut a day in advance and stored in a resealable plastic bag.
*We used a Kyocera mandolin, which is available at surlatable.com. You can also use a small, sharp paring knife to cut cucumber as thinly as possible.
Honored Contributor

Re: CUCUMBER SANDWHICH

[ Edited ]

A different way to make cucumber sandwiches.

1-8oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 med cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 t fresh dill weed, finely chopped
10 slices white bread
10 slices wheat bread

Process cheese and mayo in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.

Combine cream cheese mixture, cucumber and dill weed in a bowl.

Spread cucumber mixture evenly onto white bread slices and top with wheat bread slices.  Using a 2-3 inch round cutter, cut sandwiches, discarding the edges.  Serve soon after making.

I added a garnish of basil leaves and cherry tomatoes on plate.  

Frequent Contributor

These got rave reviews, even from the guys, at a baby shower tea party. I put the cucumber slices on a paper towel for a few minutes before assembly to remove some of the moisture and I used a mixture of regular cream cheese and whipped cream cheese. I liked the texture so much better with the two cream cheeses mixed. 

Cucumber and Lemony Dill Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches

Benedictine type – Louisville

Foodnetwork.com, Melissa d’Arabian

Ingredients

• 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 slices good-quality white bread*
  • 1/3 large English seedless cucumber (about 4 inches), thinly sliced

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.

Lay the slices of bread on your work service and distribute the cream cheese evenly among each slice, spreading into a thin layer. Arrange the cucumber slices in rows over 3 slices of the bread. Top with the remaining bread, and cut into quarters so there are 4 pieces from each sandwich. Serve immediately.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Does anyone have an easy and tasty cucumber sandwhich recipe?

All my life___________ peanut butter and sliced pickle sized cucumbers,with a sprinkle of salt,on any color bread or type you like. Oh can't wait for the summer markets to open.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cucumber Sandwich

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
  • 36 slices snack rye bread
  • 1 medium cucumber, sliced

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Just before serving, spread over each slice of rye bread; top each with a cucumber slice.

Nutrition Facts

2 each: 127 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.

Trusted Contributor

These recipes sound great, but here's what I do: Slice white bread as thinly as possible. Butter one side each of two slices. I use salted Euro style butter if I have it. Slice cucumbers as thinly as possible. Put some inbetween buttered slices. Cut in quarters or soldiers. Devour. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

Cucumber Sandwich

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
  • 36 slices snack rye bread
  • 1 medium cucumber, sliced

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Just before serving, spread over each slice of rye bread; top each with a cucumber slice.

Nutrition Facts

2 each: 127 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.

My bf from HS makes this & sprinkles dill weed on top of the cucumber.  I love the rye bread better than white bread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From a deli when I was around 25 near my work,

Ground cucumber (no seeds)

Carrot as an accent. 

Green pepper as an accent

Garlic, salt and pepper.

Mix with a little mayo.

Serve on artisan bread.

Trusted Contributor

@HLP Wow I have never heard of that combination before! Smiley Happy