Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

Would you kindly post (under its own heading, so it's searchable) the recipe you mentioned for hot crab spread?

I've got a million recipes for crab dips and appetizers but can never decide which one to try.  Have never made it and would like some guidance.

Respected Contributor

Thank You, @novamc1 

Honored Contributor

Re: CRAB IMPERIAL

[ Edited ]

@novamc1   No problem.  Let me  look for it.  It is hot as in baked.  No hot spices.  It is good cold the next day too.

Done, I posted it.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

Good idea! I'll have to try that too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I had completely forgotten about Crab Imperial! I live on the coast so fresh crabmeat is available and I used to cook with it quite often when I had a family. I'm saving this recipe because I'm going to fix it for myself. Crab freezes quite well, so I can stretch this out. Thank you for sharing this!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@novamc1 

Oh yum! You had me at crabmeat. I swear I could survive on seafood!

Luckily I live in a coastal area, so seafood is plentiful and much less than in other parts of the country.

Thank you for re-posting your recipe, I must've missed it earlier!

@KingstonsMom   When I was little, my Dad took me to San Francisco to fish from the pier, he did, I didn't, and he would catch Dungeness crabs, come home, and we would feast, he was a Chef.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Dungeness crab is delicious, of course I've never met a crab I didn't love!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Dungeness crab is delicious, of course I've never met a crab I didn't love!

@KingstonsMom   Of course, I think it is the best crab as I grew up on it, and still serve it every Christmas Eve, cracked and marinated, nothing better. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Never tryed good crabs : (