New Contributor

Re: COPPER CHEF ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE

@Giu I was just watching the info commercial on this and researched It is not a cake mix for the ice cream cake. You take 2 cups of regular flou and melted ice cream the entire carton they copper chef used turkey hill vanilla. He then added m&m's and you can use any other candy ex. Peanut butter cups ect. Stir all together until combined Then bake in oven at *350 for 25 min. Enjoy 😊
New Contributor

Flour*
Occasional Visitor

At what degree and for how long?
Honored Contributor

Found this online. I should work the same in the copper chef pan. Melted Ice Cream Cake

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 36 minutes
Total Time 46 minutes
Servings 12
Author The Country Cook
Ingredients
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 2 cups melted ice cream measure while melted
  • 3 eggs
  • Icing:
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 2 tbsp . milk
  • sprinkles
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. Combine cake mix with eggs and melted ice cream.
  4. Stir until combined well.
  5. Pour batter into greased bundt pan.
  6. Bake for about 33-36 minutes.
  7. Until it springs back to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. Allow cake to cool completely then turn cake out onto a serving plate.
  9. For the icing, whisk together confectioner's sugar with the milk.
  10. Adding enough milk until it has reached the desired consistency.
  11. Then drizzle the icing all over cake. Finally, drop a few sprinkles on top for fun.
  12. Slice and serve!
Recipe NotesPint size premium ice creams like Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daas come in a perfectly measured containers for this. One (16 oz) container of those premium ice creams works great! The combinations for this are nearly endless. Especially with all the new and fun ice cream flavors out there. I can tell you that this is very good with Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream with a chocolate glaze on top. Cherry Garcia is another yummy one! Also, butter pecan is another favorite too.

Recipe adapted from Anne Byrn, Cake Mix Doctor

Honored Contributor

Another one from All Recipes.

Melted Ice Cream Cake

"Wonderful way to use up ice cream that sits in your freezer and never gets eaten. Use any flavor cake mix and ice cream you like."

Ingredients

• cooking spray
  • 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups melted ice cream
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) package cake mix
  • 3 eggs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Grease a fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; shake out excess.
  3. Place melted ice cream, cake mix, and eggs in large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes more. Pour into prepared pan.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the deepest part of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.

i just watched it on tv.......

flour first

add the ice cream but you'll need to microwave it so it's a liquid form a little bit

add your sprinkles and m n m's if you want

that was it....   

of course add your icing after it's ready 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PDECWE wrote:

i just watched it on tv.......

flour first

add the ice cream but you'll need to microwave it so it's a liquid form a little bit

add your sprinkles and m n m's if you want

that was it....   

of course add your icing after it's ready 

I saw this same infomercial on 2-27-17.  I don't think they said how much flour to use.   No cake mix was used, so I'm guessing they used self-rising flour so the cake would rise. 

They put the flour directly in the pan and then added what looked like one container  of melted iced cream into the pan with the flour and mixed it together.  They added some sprinkles and M&Ms into the batter and mixed everything together. 

I don't recall at what temperature they said they cooked it or for how long.  I would try 350 degrees and start testing it for doneness at about 20-25 minutes. 

If I see the infomercial come on again, I'll try to take notes and get back to you.  In the meantime, have you tried to contact David Venable?  He might be able to help. He seems like a very nice man.

Honored Contributor

I once made a cake from a recipe that called for using ice cream in place of some of the wet ingredients or all of them, I don't remember anymore.

It was terrible, such a waste of good ingredients...