Occasional Contributor

COPPER CHEF ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE

I got a Copper Chef pan by husband. Apparently on the QVC show they showed a recipe in which you place a box cake and add ice cream. No such recipe was included in the ones with the pan I got. I tried calling Copper Chef but they were no use. I searched online but no luck.

It was the episode with David Venable in November I was told.

Hope someone can help me find that recipe...

Thanks

Giu

Frequent Contributor

Re: COPPER CHEF ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE

@Giu wrote:

I got a Copper Chef pan by husband. Apparently on the QVC show they showed a recipe in which you place a box cake and add ice cream. No such recipe was included in the ones with the pan I got. I tried calling Copper Chef but they were no use. I searched online but no luck.

It was the episode with David Venable in November I was told.

Hope someone can help me find that recipe...

Thanks

Giu

@Giu.....I would ask Eric Theiss on his FB page or send him a message directly.  He's great about responding and sharing recipes.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Esteemed Contributor

@Giu,  did you watch the copper Chef demonstration videos on the QVC website? Your cake and ice cream demo might be on there.

Occasional Contributor

I have watched the online videos but no luck.

Does someone have the recipe?

thank you

Giu

Respected Contributor

@Giu

I found these on the internet.  I don't know if these are what you're looking for or not:

S'MORES ICE CREAM BARS

Ingredients

Oreo Cookie Crust

22 Oreo cookies (or any Chocolate Creme Sandwich Cookies), crushed with the cream filling (about 2 cups)

4-5 tablespoons butter, melted

2 1/2 cups of Vanilla Ice Cream (homemade or store-bought)

2 1/2 cups of Chocolate Ice Cream (homemade or store-bought)***

1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Topping

3-4 Graham Crackers, crushed

1 1/2 cups toasted mini marshmallows, divided

1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
  2. Make the cookie crust - In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, add the whole Oreo cookies (no need to remove cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of lined baking dish. Place in freezer for about 1 hour to set.

3. To roast marshmallows - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
  4. Arrange marshmallows on baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 3 minutes until marshmallows are browned on top.

5. Assemble - Remove chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream from the freezer to soften - about 15 - 20 minutes. When ready, scoop around 2 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top.
  6. Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10 - 20 minutes).
  7. Next, spread the vanilla ice cream over the chocolate ice cream layer evenly. Again, place pan in freezer for 10 minutes if needed to harden slightly.
  8. Top with prepared toasted marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips. Return to the freezer for another 10-20 minutes to set up.
  9. Lift out of pan using the parchment paper overhang . Using a sharp knife, cut into square rectangles. Enjoy immediately or store bars in freezer until ready to serve.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars

Ingredients

Oreo Cookie Crust

22 Golden Oreo cookies, (or any Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies) crushed with the cream filling (about 2 cups)

4-5 tablespoons butter, melted

4 1/2 - 5 cups of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream ( homemade or store-bought)

2 1/2 cups of Strawberry Sorbet (homemade or store-bought)***

Crumbled Topping

12 Golden Oreo cookies, crushed

1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened

3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberry (pulsed into powder*) OR strawberry gelatin (jello) powder

Instructions

1. Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
  2. Make the cookie crust - In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, add the entire Oreo cookies (no need to remove the cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of lined baking dish. Place in freezer for about 1 hour to set.
  3. Make the crumbled topping - In a small bowl or the food processor, add the Oreo cookies and pulse into large crumbs. Add the softened butter and mix gently with a fork or your hands to make pea-sized pieces stick together. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside. Pour freeze-dried strawberry powder (or strawberry jello powder) over the remaining crumbs and continue pinching the pieces together. Add more softened butter if needed for mixture to stick to the cookies. Set aside and place in the freezer to set.
  4. Assemble - Remove vanilla ice cream and strawberry sorbet from freezer to soften. When ready, scoop around 2 cups of vanilla ice cream over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
  5. Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10 - 20 minutes).
  6. Next, spread the sorbet over the vanilla ice cream layer evenly. Again, place pan in freezer for 10 minutes if needed. Add the final layer of vanilla ice cream spreading evenly.
  7. Sprinkle the reserved Oreo cookie crumbs over the top. Next remove the strawberry cookie crumbs from the freezer and crumble evenly over the bars. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
  8. Lift out of pan using the parchment paper overhang . Using a sharp knife, cut into square rectangles. Store bars in freezer until ready to serve.

Notes

To make the strawberry powder, pulverize the freeze dried strawberries using a food processor, mortar and pestle, or plastic bag and rolling pin. We want the powder to be fine. Around 1 ounce of freeze dried strawberries will yield 3 tablespoons of powder.

*If you can't find strawberry sorbet, you can use strawberry ice cream and blend with 1 - 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries.

***To ensure even layers of the ice cream, place the pan back in the freezer for about 10 minutes after adding each layer.

Super Contributor

I saw the presentation....take a boxed cake mix, a half gallon (more likely the now less than half gallon container size) of melted ice cream, and mix, throw in any extras you like (candies, sprinkles etc.) and bake.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the recipes but these are not it. It was simple recipe from November 27 show with David Venable. It was putting a few ingredients in the Copper Chef pan and cooking in the pan.

Esteemed Contributor

@Giu,  looks like @Catlady Nicole has found your recipe! 

Thanks Catlady Nicole!

Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am going to follow your recipe.

I just take the cake mix and then add ice cream, mix and bake.

I do not follow the directions on the cake box and then add the ice cream. Correct?

GIu

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Giu yes, just the mix and the ice cream.  Sorry for my tardy response!!!  Did you try it?!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~