Honored Contributor

CHORIZO BITES WITH SWEET & SPICY SAUCE

I copied this off a food blog and unfortunately did not write down the name.  Made it last week end - very good.

4 links of raw chorizo
2 t oil

3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 t ketchup
2 t Franks hot sauce or to taste
2 T brown sugar
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 t salt
pepper to taste

1-1/2 t cornstarch
1 T pineapple juice

Cut chorizo 1/3" thick on slight angle.  Mix juice, ketchup, hot sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper together.  Mix cornstarch and juice in small bowl.  

Heat oil over med high heat.  Add chorizo until brown on both sides, around 3 minutes.  Add sauce, simmer for 3 minutes more.  Add cornstarch mixture, mix then simmer about 1 minute.  Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley or chopped green onions.  Serve with toothpicks.  

The chorizo shrinks a lot when the slices are cooked.  Nice addition to Super Bowl snacks.  Can be made ahead and reheated in the microwave.  

Honored Contributor

Re: CHORIZO BITES WITH SWEET & SPICY SAUCE

This is the sort of tasty little hors d'oevre (sp?) that my crew will go for.  And chorizo is our favorite type of sausage.  Thanks, @DiAnne!

Honored Contributor

Re: CHORIZO BITES WITH SWEET & SPICY SAUCE

That sounds so good so far the only thing with Chorizo I have tried is the photo below just a few months ago.  Still dreaming of that "bite"  When I first saw an ad for it I was at the closest Whataburger in 7 minutes.  Double meat bite at that.

Image result for whataburger chorizo burger

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."