Honored Contributor

This is a very easy recipe. You can add things in. I often add sliced olives to the filling and sometimes jalapeno (depending on who I am serving).

12 6 inch corn tortillas

1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I use rotisserie chicken)
3 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded (I use the preshredded Mexican blends)
2 T canned chopped green chilies

1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
3-4 T chili powder
2 T flour
1 t ground cumin
1 t oregano
1 17 oz can tomatoes undrained
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup tomato sauce

1 cup sour cream
cilantro

Pre heat oven 350.

In a medium bowl combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, green chiles and anything else you want to add to filling.

In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat saute onion and garlic in oil until softened. Stir in chili powder, flour, cumin and oregano. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and tomato sauce. Increase heat to medium high and simmer 15 minutes. Place sauce in blender or processor and puree. Return to skillet and keep warm over low heat.

Dip tortillas one at time into simmering sauce until softened. Remove to a plate and spoon about 1/4 cup of filling down center, roll and place seam down in an oiled shallow baking dish. Repeat arranging them close together. Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 5 minutes more or until heated through and lightly browned.

Place on serving plate and garnish with sour cream and chopped cilantro. I like to add avocado and chopped green onion also.

Serves 6.