Respected Contributor

1/2  cup butter

1-1/2 pounds large mushrooms, stems removed

1 medium onion, chopped

2 teaspoons garlic salt

1 cup dairy sour cream

Paprika

Melt butter in electric skillet at 250 degrees.  Add mushroom caps, round side up.

Sprinkle garlic salt over mushrooms until completely covered. (Additional garlic salt may be needed)

Add onion and cover the skillet with vent open.

Simmer at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes, depending on mushroom size.   Stir once.

Drain butter.  Fold in sour cream and sprinkle with paprika.

(The butter can be used to season another vegetable or to saute the mushroom stems.)

----Makes 8 servings

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

1/2  cup butter

1-1/2 pounds large mushrooms, stems removed

1 medium onion, chopped

2 teaspoons garlic salt

1 cup dairy sour cream

Paprika

Melt butter in electric skillet at 250 degrees.  Add mushroom caps, round side up.

Sprinkle garlic salt over mushrooms until completely covered. (Additional garlic salt may be needed)

Add onion and cover the skillet with vent open.

Simmer at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes, depending on mushroom size.   Stir once.

Drain butter.  Fold in sour cream and sprinkle with paprika.

(The butter can be used to season another vegetable or to saute the mushroom stems.)

----Makes 8 servings

All of the recipes you have posted today look delicious @novamc1, thank you so much!

Do you think this one in particular could be made in a crockpot?

Respected Contributor

My son's girl made these two Thanksgiving s ago-with the addition of a packet of ranch dressing: in my eyes, all else paled in comparison. I am a confirmed mushroom addict.  We also talked about using a packet of onion soup mix. By the way, she used God old button mushrooms and left the stems on.....I can't say that took anything away from this amazing dish!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe

It's worth a try in the slow cooker.  There really isn't any magic to cooking mushrooms,  I  think.  It's all in how they're seasoned that makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to try all of these recipes @novamc1.  I love mushrooms but am love on recipes so I am scanning the ads as we speak to see if anyone has them on sale . . . thank you!