Super Contributor

Re: Butterball Boneless Frozen Turkey

@mspatmac ,  The frozen Butterball Boneless Turkey that I cooked is yes in a plastic bag and you cook it in that bag from frozen.  Do not thaw.  I cooked two so timing will be a little different.  I put it on a rack in my 13x9 pan.   I suggest that after 1 hour  and 15 minutes, you check it with a meat thermometer. Might need another 15 minutes or so.  Take out of bag when done and let sit for 15 minutes before carving. Then like I said, I made McCormick Turkey Gravy in packet instead of the gravy Butterball gives you.  It was great with the sides I made.  And the best part, plenty of leftovers sitting in my Lock & Lock container for the next 4 days. LOL

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   I made a 3 lb. Butterball boneless turkey breast roast a couple weeks ago and it was good.  It was frozen and I thawed it in the fridge for 2-3 days. Instructions said it was important to bake "skin side up" so I did that - once I figured out which was the "skin side."  (I don't do this often!)  I guess the logic is that fats in the skin will flow down to the breast and keep the breast moister than it would be otherwise.  I used a traditional meat thermometer to ensure it was thoroughly cooked. The gravy was good and I had lots of meat left over.

I'd do it again even though I'm not much of a meat eater.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fribwl  ...   I made a bone in turkey breast for New Years using a recipe from Cook's Country.  It was very good.  The America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country website have lots of recipes for turkey breasts.  But I think I heard somewhere that the turkey breasts with the bone in are better than the ones that are boneless.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@mspatmac If you do an online search I think Butterball has a toll free number for questions. Did you read the directions for cooking? I ask because you seem to have had trouble with the cooking.

Was it completely thawed? Did you use a meat thermometer? cook it at the correct temp? lots of variables.

@Love my grandkids  Since it was the first time I tried it YES I followed directions exactly! I have cooked 20+lb Turkeys for more years than I care to mention so I am no novice.  Just looking for tips from folks that have made these often.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

we're purchased the 3 lb breasts, thawed them and cooked them in the air fryer. Once with injecting them with cajun seasoning and once without. Tasty both ways. 

Edited to say my BF cooked them in the air fryer......I've never used it, it's his baby. 

Valued Contributor

We have found that when we do a turkey breast it always comes out perfectly moist if we inject it with chicken stock first.

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.  I meant the 3 lb boneless turkey breast.  A big whole fresh Butterball I have no problems with.

The Butterball turkey website has lots of helpful cooking hints for cooking all of their different turkey products.

You can find roasting and cooking information there, and also defrosting information and recipes, too.