Respected Contributor

Re: Bundt cake mixes-anyone else miss them?

I have the cutest Bundt pan - "carousel of horses".....had it a long time but never used it.... is so darling. I did not know there were specific cake mixes. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Count me as another one who misses them.

There was also a mix with a cake bottom and mousse on top. Something like a torte. I still have the pan.

Respected Contributor

@traveler  I used to have one of those Tiara cake pans that could be used with some specialty Duncan Hines cakes mixes back in the day.  I remember there was one for a Black Forest cake.

Honored Contributor

Didn't realize they are no longer available. Obviously, it's been a long time since I baked a Bundt cake.

Respected Contributor

Yes, with cherry fruit topping.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@traveler  I used to have one of those Tiara cake pans that could be used with some specialty Duncan Hines cakes mixes back in the day.  I remember there was one for a Black Forest cake.

@aroc3435. My favorite cake!  It helps to put some Kirsch in with the cherries!  Woman Wink  And maybe a little on the cake.  Woman Wink  Or even in the whipped cream on top!  Woman LOL

But I like JUST the cake too!  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I know I can use a bundt pan to bake a cake, but I miss the convenience of the mixes. I loved the chocolate with the coconut center.

cookin

Brings back memories.  My Mom made a lot of bundt cakes when I was growing up.  The choclate and coconut was my Dad's favorite.  I actually made a bundt cake today, just the form of a bundt, pistachio cake.

Super Contributor

Oh I miss those bundt mixes.  Loved them!  Thanks for bringing back that memory

Honored Contributor

I had completely forgotten about these - didn't even jog my memory until I saw the images of the boxes!  Omgosh!  They were the first things I baked as a newlywed.  Such good memories!  Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

The tunnel of fudge was the best.  I miss them too.