Super Contributor

i collect old cookbooks, and scour the neighborhood occasionally, often surprised by my 'finds'. One of the things I enjoy about the endeavor is that occasionally someone's clipped recipes or handwritten ones are tucked in the books I choose. This recipe was among others scribbled on "Orange Coast Title Company" (with offices in Hemet, Palm Springs, Palm Desert and Riverside, California) memo paper. I've added this one - primarily because of its name - to my 'to try' files, so thought I'd post it here, too:

Bubblegum Fruit Dip

6-oz can frozen orange juice
1 1/2 c milk
1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding
1/2 c sour cream

Combine all ingredients. Use as a dip for fruit, or mix into a fruit salad.

Regular Contributor

I can vouch for this one Beebee-I got this same recipe from a lady I used to work for over 30 years ago and have been making it ever since.

It's a wonderful dip with fresh fruit-reminds me of a Creamsicle.

Enjoy!

Carol

Super Contributor

I think the name "bubblegum" threw me off, but I'll bet it is good. Thanks for the thought of a creamsicle Carol!

What fun collecting cookbooks, and especially if you find hidden gems in some! Thanks Beebee!

Super Contributor

Thank you both for your responses.

I agree with bigkat Carol that the 'creamsicle' word makes it sound quite enticing, and now I'm wondering about that bubblegum. But I'm really surprised that you've known about this for so long.

Regular Contributor
On 2/5/2014 Beebee2 said: But I'm really surprised that you've known about this for so long.

Really? It doesn't surprise me. It's a great recipe that's stood the test of time. I'm sure whoever gave it to my former boss had been making it long before she passed it along. I used to make it all the time when my daughter was young and we did a lot of entertaining. It was always a hit when I served it at get togethers. Now Robin is making it for her boys and summer parties.

I bet you'll love it-it's delicious.

Carol

Respected Contributor

I like my fruit ""au naturale""...

Super Contributor
On 2/6/2014 Carol1229 said:
On 2/5/2014 Beebee2 said: But I'm really surprised that you've known about this for so long.

Really? It doesn't surprise me. It's a great recipe that's stood the test of time. I'm sure whoever gave it to my former boss had been making it long before she passed it along. I used to make it all the time when my daughter was young and we did a lot of entertaining. It was always a hit when I served it at get togethers. Now Robin is making it for her boys and summer parties.

Carol

Just wanted to jump on here & say hello & welcome back to Carol. You've been missed! (and your recipes)

BTW, Beebee, thanks for this, I'll bet my grandkids would love it - but knowing them as I do, they'll probably lick it off the fruit & keep on dipping! I'll give them their own little bowls. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
On 2/6/2014 sparklestar said:

Then you are excused and will not be required to

take the test.

Super Contributor
On 2/6/2014 Sabatini2 said:
On 2/6/2014 Carol1229 said:

Carol

Just wanted to jump on here & say hello & welcome back to Carol. You've been missed! (and your recipes)

BTW, Beebee, thanks for this, I'll bet my grandkids would love it - but knowing them as I do, they'll probably lick it off the fruit & keep on dipping! I'll give them their own little bowls. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes, yes, most important point! Carol it is wonderful to see you here, and we do miss

you. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks, Sabatini!

Respected Contributor
On 2/6/2014 Beebee2 said:
On 2/6/2014 sparklestar said:

Then you are excused and will not be required to

take the test.

Oh. Didn't know it was a test. I would however serve this to others. Thank you.