Respected Contributor

That sounds good, Katrin. I have to skip the pecans, but the onion, lemon and parmesan would dress it up.

Respected Contributor

I love brussel sprouts. I generally cut them in half and sauté them in garlic butter. Top with parmesan and put under the broiler until it melts/browns.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor
On 11/20/2014 adeleag said:

I cut them in half, toss with olive oil salt and pepper and roast in the oven until they are soft and a little charred. Oh so good. Usually have the oven on about 425 degrees.

I make them this way, too, usually with other roasted vegetables. They are delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

12 to 16 brussel sprouts; two quarts water; two tablespoons salt, one tablespoon olive oil ( I use a bit more); two garlic cloves chopped; two to four strips of bacon. chopped. In pot add water and salt. Bring to a boil. Add brussel sprouts and boil until tender – 10 to 15 minutes. Once cooked drain. In skillet heat olive oil until hot. Saute chopped bacon and garlic until lightly browned. Add brussel sprouts and sauté lightly.

Valued Contributor

I tried this and it worked...we liked them.

Took frozen Brussel sprouts right from the package, melted butter in a skillet, add the sprouts. Kept heat on low for a few minutes, then added a lid. Let them brown.

We loved them and so easy.

Respected Contributor
On 11/20/2014 NYC Susan said:

I buy the stalks at TJ's, and I usually roast them. Or steam. I love them!!

Kiss

When I first read your post, I thought, OMG, they're selling Brussel sprouts at TJ Maxx.

Honored Contributor

LOVE them so much!! I roast them with other vegs and add the bacon and sometimes parm over top.

Honored Contributor

I shave them very think and saute with pancetta. They even sell them shaved at Wegmans.

Everything tastes better with a little pancetta!

Valued Contributor
On 11/21/2014 wagirl said:

LOVE them so much!! I roast them with other vegs and add the bacon and sometimes parm over top.

When you say other veg do you mean like carrots, potatoes and onions? And do you cut them in half?

Contributor

I love brussels sprouts with bacon and dried cranberries. Its sweet and salty just the way I like it! Smiley Wink

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Source: http://paleontastic.com

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
  • 6 slices organic, sugar free bacon
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup raw honey, melted
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • sea salt & pepper

INSTRUCTIONS:

• 1.Preheat oven to 425F.
  • 2.Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
  • 3.Dice bacon into small pieces. Sprinkle over the sprouts.
  • 4.Sprinkle cranberries over bacon and sprouts.
  • 5.In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, mustard, honey, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over sprouts and bacon. Mix to coat evenly and spread in a single layer in a shallow baking sheet.
  • 6.Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until until the sprouts are tender and golden and the bacon is crispy.