Honored Contributor

A young friend of my husband's called us from the grocery store the other day, asking if he could drop off anything for us. DH asked for eggs. He left us two dozen eggs and didn't want any payment for it. I told him I'd bake him whatever he wanted. 

A week later,  I got a text from him that said "brookies - I want brookies".  That was new to me. I'd heard of them, but never had one and had never baked them.  Well, they're packed up and ready for porch pickup today, and they look delicious.  I don't like brownies, but I think I might like these. I'm posting the recipe link, if anyone is interested.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

Here's the link to the recipe.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Brookies? A first for me.

Wow nice thank you gift! 
If I were in LA and not in Chicago, I'd gladly drop you off eggs 

Respected Contributor

They look absolutely divine!!  I have had a taste for chocolate chip cookies and am terrified to make them as I know I will pig out on them.  But now I want brookies! 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

A young friend of my husband's called us from the grocery store the other day, asking if he could drop off anything for us. DH asked for eggs. He left us two dozen eggs and didn't want any payment for it. I told him I'd bake him whatever he wanted. 

A week later,  I got a text from him that said "brookies - I want brookies".  That was new to me. I'd heard of them, but never had one and had never baked them.  Well, they're packed up and ready for porch pickup today, and they look delicious.  I don't like brownies, but I think I might like these. I'm posting the recipe link, if anyone is interested.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

Here's the link to the recipe.

@house_cat , my mouth is watering. 😋😋😋😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  These look amazing, I've never heard of them either. When can I drop off the eggs I got you?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd say the young man got the best part of that deal.  Those bars are a lot of trouble to make, but they do look delicious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@house_cat  These look amazing, I've never heard of them either. When can I drop off the eggs I got you?

I'm home! Not going anywhere!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat I find brookies at Safeway in the bakery section all the time. Usually packed in small plastic boxes, very tasty!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd say the young man got the best part of that deal.  Those bars are a lot of trouble to make, but they do look delicious.

You're right, they are time consuming to make. You have to make brownie batter and cookie batter.  I was so tired last night after finally getting around to cleaning my house yesterday.  I really wasn't in the mood for a project, but a promise is a promise, so I persevered.

@Love my grandkids 

I have seen them at Safeway, which is Von's here, but I wasn't tempted to buy them.  I have to admit, though, that they smell delightful.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat .....well you are one step ahead of me.  I never heard of brookies.  From the picture they look like a brownie.

That was so nice of you to bake them for your hubbys friend.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)