Honored Contributor

Parmesan Roasted Cherry Tomatoes | low carb, gluten-free, keto, thm | lowcarbmaven.com

Ingredients
  • 1 pound cherry tomatoes
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup parsley, chopped fine
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
  • Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them on a small parchment lined sheet pan.
  • Mince the garlic. Finely chop the parsley. Give the Parmesan cheese a quick chop it if it shredded. Mix the garlic, parsley and Parmesan together and spoon onto each cherry tomato half.
  • Move the oven rack to the upper most position and turn on the broiler. Place the tomatoes under the broiler and broil until the topping is browned and bubbly about 5 minutes.

Saw this recipe. I was going to try it. But it looks like there is more green than just parsley. Could I add guacamole? Does Parmesan cheese go well with guacamole?

Honored Contributor

Re: Broiled Tomatoes

[ Edited ]

We like broiled tomatoes in the summer with a grilled ribeye.  I use full-size tomatoes off the vine.  Core, and then slice tomatoes into thick slices   Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and sugar.  Top slices with a mixture of panko bread crumbs, olive oil, grated Parmesan, and minced garlic (about 2 tbsp mixture/slice).  Broil until crumbs are golden brown.  Drizzle with olive oil before serving.    

Respected Contributor

I love cherry tomatoes but that's looking like a lot of work for such a small tomato. Actually I would cover those tomatoes with olive oil, then add the mixture and stir and broil. I would serve guacamole on the side.

Honored Contributor

I broil this in the oven (you can add olive oil)  until the tomatoes pop and it becomes a yummy marinara sauce....quick and easy.