Honored Contributor

Re: Broccoli Salad w/o Broccoli recipe

@vabreeze wrote:

@Barbarainnc wrote:
I just love the salad without the broccoli. Cook a pound of chopped up bacon, let cool add some golden raisins, mayo, shredded cheddar cheese, teaspoon of sugar. Yum yum.

@Barbarainnc , You're just joking, right?!!

.....and when the rubber meets the road & things get ugly, 

the blame will be the raisins & teaspoon of sugar.

G.u.a.r.a.n.t.e.e  it.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I forgot the red onion. I do eat broccoli salad once or twice a year. I eat the broccoli first, then eat the yummy stuff. Didn't mean to start a battle on here. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sounds like total yuck to me.  You've basically got mayoed sweet bacon.  Heart attack on a plate.

Do you mean ‘keto’?

@sidsmom  Just curious and I mean this in all honestly.  I'm not trying to be snarky.  If keto is so bad then how do you explain everyones numbers being better when on the diet?  Cholesterol lower, blood sugar lower, blood pressure lower.  I've always felt keto was bad but how do you argue against the numbers?

@itsmetoo  You can’t!😉 My mom lost weight years ago, no longer a diabetic, and off all meds,  She no longer counts anything in terms of macros and while eating all the healthy fats there is no reason to eat globs of it just enough to keep from snacking between meals. This is definitely the way to go,  luckily she has a dr. who can admit that what he learned in med school is basically false.

Next the naysayers will try to prove that sugar and white starches are good for you🤪

Trusted Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sounds like total yuck to me.  You've basically got mayoed sweet bacon.  Heart attack on a plate.

Do you mean ‘keto’?

@sidsmom  Just curious and I mean this in all honestly.  I'm not trying to be snarky.  If keto is so bad then how do you explain everyones numbers being better when on the diet?  Cholesterol lower, blood sugar lower, blood pressure lower.  I've always felt keto was bad but how do you argue against the numbers?

@itsmetoo  You can’t!😉 My mom lost weight years ago, no longer a diabetic, and off all meds,  She no longer counts anything in terms of macros and while eating all the healthy fats there is no reason to eat globs of it just enough to keep from snacking between meals. This is definitely the way to go,  luckily she has a dr. who can admit that what he learned in med school is basically false.

Next the naysayers will try to prove that sugar and white starches are good for you🤪

@NJgirl 1205 

I agree with you.  Numbers don't lie.  I also know a few people who have lost a lot of weight.  Getting off all those drugs is never a bad thing in my opinion.  They are poison in themselves.  And many doctors are recommending the diet to their patients now.

Trusted Contributor

Costco carries a delicious broccoli salad.  The dressing comes on the side so you can use as much or as little as you want. 

Honored Contributor

Can the sanctimony be any greater on this thread?

The answer is No.

Honored Contributor

I'd add red onion, cashews, cauliflower and broccoli to your recipe for a great salad. Generally, I find six slices of diced bacon gives plenty of flavor.