Respected Contributor

I like cheese & chopped veggies in an omelet or scrambled all together. With some jam, buttered toast and bacon or sausage on the side. Of course must have a few giant mugs of hot coffee too! 

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

FB_IMG_1616598527567.jpg

Honored Contributor

When I eat out, it's usually an omelet with ham and cheese. At home, I'll eat a fried egg white. My favorite breakfast is French Toast and bacon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Breakfast egg recipes

[ Edited ]

I do intermittent fasting on an 18:6 schedule so I don’t break my fast until noon. Sometimes I’ll have eggs and a side veggie like brussels sprouts or asparagus.  Depending on my macros and what I’ve planned for dinner that day, I will decide what else to add to my meal; a couple slices of bacon, half an avocado, cheese, etc. Today I’m having a mushroom & cheese omelette made with pasture raised eggs, half an avocado on the side, and a slice of toast w/grass fed butter, made with keto bread that I baked last week. 

I like eggs many ways - fried, scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, omelettes, etc. A favorite way is an omelette with chopped green chilies & Mexican blend cheese, topped with a little salsa, sliced avocado, and sour cream. 

Honored Contributor

When we are out for breakfast, I always order the same. Two poached eggs on toast, home fries and bacon.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Of all the breakfast places we have gone to, the only place that does poached eggs perfectly: the Rio Grande Diner in NJ !!!  Cannot wait till summer !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Why are poached eggs so hard to make at home? I always end up with egg drop soup. Microwaved eggs are terrible. What are the secrets of breakfast cooks in diners?

Respected Contributor

@jlkz   So many of the great South Jersey diners are being torn down and replaced by Wawas. Wawa is a chain of convenience stores in NJ and PA that are actually pretty good but you don't need one on every block!

Honored Contributor

Re: Breakfast egg recipes

[ Edited ]

My way of making poached eggs:

Drain away most of the loose white in a colander, then pour what's left into a dish. 

Boil a saucepan of water, then stir 1 tbsp white vinegar and some salt in the pot. 

Take pot off heat. 

Carefully pour eggs onto top of hot water one at a time.   

Cover pot and let stand about 3 1/2 minutes (longer if you like harder yolks). 

Remove eggs from pot with slotted spoon.    

Respected Contributor

Olive Garden fans: Ask your server for a few extra peppers that come in their salad to take home. Next morning chop them and saute in butter. Add to scrambled eggs along with your favorite shredded cheese.

Respected Contributor

With a little cheese, milk and cooked in the waffle iron. I can do other stuff while it's cooking. It's so easy and quick.