Respected Contributor

Re: Breakfast casserole for Easter

[ Edited ]

@HB glamma  Hello, and glad to see your post.  

Paula Deen's Baked French Toast Casserole is an excellent, easy recipe that I have used for a breakfast buffet with great success.  

There is a link that was posted on these forums in December, 2017, by one of the forum members @mustang66lady  and is still available when you search Food Network's website as well as here.

The only "pricey" ingredients are the pecans and  the side of maple syrup but they really make this dish wonderful and special, in my opinion.

I couldn't find French bread at the grocery store the first time I made it and substituted a loaf of Italian bread; it worked just as well.  It is important to assemble with the egg mixture the night before and refrigerate overnight. Then pour the praline topping over it the next morning just before baking.  It makes 6 to 8 servings.

Hope you enjoy it and good luck with whatever dish you choose to bring to your gathering next Sunday.

aroc3435

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so much for your posts. These all sound wonderful, now I’m excited about the Easter brunch as I’ll be prepared with a gourmet dish to share!
Best ideas come from this site. Happy Easter!
Honored Contributor

Delicious recipes. I should ❤ them all.

Honored Contributor

@bowlicious wouldn't you know I cleaned out our basement storage room and threw out all the donut cutters because "I'll never use these." I should be like my friend that keeps everything!

Honored Contributor

HB glamma......thanks for starting this thread (and others for sharing) ..now we all have some new recipes to try...all sound good and breakfast/brunch is my favorite thing.