Not applicable

Breakfast Chili (Chili Competition Winner)

A few weeks back my wife couldn't stop talking about the Chili Competition she had entered and how her White Chicken Chili was going to win (her chili is amazing). After a few days of hearing her talk about her chili I said "I bet you I can make a chili and beat you no problem!" she knew I had never made chili before and said "hahahahah you wish!". That was the moment I knew I had to try so I entered into the Chili Competition. After thinking about it for a day or two it hit me, I would make a chili that would stand out and be great. I would combine my two favorite meals into one, dinner and breakfast. I came up with the idea for Breakfast Chili, then I read a few dozen chili recipes before I gave it a shot. The outcome was the winning chili and my sweet wife won 3rd place. it was a great moment but she still wont talk to me.... This is that recipe.

Breakfast Chili

3 cans of red beans (store brand)

24 oz of tomato soup (store brand)

1 lbs of bacon (premium)

1 lbs of mild ground sausage (any works)

1 lbs of maple sausage links (store brand)

1.5 Table Spoons of Chili Powder (premium)

1/4 cup of maple syrup (premium)

Cook all meat separate before adding them to the pot. Drain your red beans before adding them to the pot. Let it simmer for 20-60min stirring every few mins.

I served mine over hashbrowns with a over easy egg on top.

Give it a try and let me know what you think...
(add more maple syrup if you want more of a breakfast taste)

IMG link

paste and get counter working

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Breakfast Chili (Chili Competition Winner)

Hi, Patrick. I see there are no posts about your Chili yet. I think maybe the link at the bottom has scared people off. We get a lot of trolls and solicitors on here trying to gather info. I looked you up on FB. Congratulations on winning the Chili Cook-Off. Why don't you publish your wife's recipe also.

I have never eaten Chili for Breakfast but when "googling" found it to be quite common. Maybe for that Breakfast for Lunch or Dinner day. How did you know about the QVC forum?

Respected Contributor

Re: Breakfast Chili (Chili Competition Winner)

You could serve them with just eggs and leave out the carbs if you are watching them. I too have never heard of breakfast chili. It sounds great!