Esteemed Contributor

Boursin Chicken - Salt and Lavender

If you like garlic, (we do, we do), this is a quick and easy, one skillet dish that is really yummy. Do taste your sauce for saltiness as the Boursin and the chicken broth/stock can be fairly salty. The sauce is great over rice, potatoes or pasta. Great crusty bread to soak up the sauce is almost mandatory. Smiley Happy 

Boursin Chicken - Salt and Lavender

Boursin Chicken.PNG

INGREDIENTS
2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 medium onion chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth (use low sodium if sensitive to salt)
1 (5.2 oz/150g) package Boursin Fine Herbs & Garlic cheese softened
1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley to taste, optional

INSTRUCTIONS
Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to get 4 thinner pieces. Season them with the garlic powder and some salt & pepper.

Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat and let it heat up for a few minutes. Cook the chicken for about 5-6 minutes/side or until cooked through, then transfer it to a plate.

To the skillet, add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. If the pan seems dry, add a small splash more olive oil.

Add the chicken broth and the Boursin cheese to the skillet. Stir until you've got a smooth sauce. Let it bubble for 5 minutes, then stir in the chopped parsley if using.

Add the chicken (and any plate juices) back into the skillet and let it warm through for a couple of minutes. The sauce should be thicker by now (you can always cook it a bit longer if need be). If it's too thick, you can add another splash of chicken broth.

Season with salt & pepper if needed (I find the sauce fairly salty when using regular broth) and serve immediately.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boursin Chicken - Salt and Lavender

@kate2357 

Sounds wonderful, will make soon.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  You just slice the chicken breasts - don't pound them, correct?  Thanks for posting all the good recipes!

Esteemed Contributor

I do both, but you don't have to. For me it just depends on how big the chicken breast is. Sometimes they are huge.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

this sounds so good and very easy.

i think i would use chicken breast strips though instead of whole or halved chicken breasts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 You sound like an amazing cook!

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 Maybe I missed something but where does the "lavender" fit in?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

this sounds so good and very easy.

i think i would use chicken breast strips though instead of whole or halved chicken breasts.

@sunshine45 

No reason you couldn't use breast strips. I just always have chicken breasts in my freezer. I pull out, slice frozen to the thickness I want, defrost, (brine- not needed) and then pound. Save a bunch of steps by buying the tenders. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

That's nice of you to say, but I would not consider myself an amazing cook. But since retirement and gallbladder removal, I've become more adventurous about ingredients. We basically eat the same variety of meat (pork, chicken, beef, salmon, halibut, shrimp) and I wanted to find different ways of cooking these items. The google machine is a wonderous ap. 

Esteemed Contributor

You had me at Boursin cheese. Yum!!!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖