Honored Contributor

Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup

A new product from Trader Joe's.

Writing about the pumpkin French toast recipe made me think of this, I got it a few days ago.  I just gave it a taste test and had DH join in.

Delicious, imo. I do love maple syrup and this is a good one. DH agrees. Neither of us tasted bourbon, just a strong maple flavor, but then again, it's only aged in the barrels.

You might want to check it out at your nearby Trader Joe's.

maple

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup

Interested in price for that 8 oz bottle. Will you say how much?

Honored Contributor

We have a brand new bigger Trader Joe's that opened yesterday.  I will go check it out next week and definitely look for that maple syrup!

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Interested in price for that 8 oz bottle. Will you say how much?

@gizmogal

I looked it up to double check.  The 8 oz bottle sells for $9.99.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. A bit expensive at $10 a cup, but real maple syrup is hard to collect, expensive to properly process and grade,  and needs good distribution sources to bring to market. That all adds up. 

But a little goes a long way with pancakes, waffles or French toast if you don’t drown the plate in syrup. If I had access to a Trader Joe’s, I’d be willing to buy it. Enjoy it, @Noel7.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like it could be yummy!  I love maple syrup.  The "Barrel ageing" has me curious.  Does it say how long they Age it in the barrels?  If you get a chance to try Birch syrup try it as a glaze on grilled salmon. It's as Savory as Maple is sweet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yum. Love Maple Syrup. That's all we use.

Sam's also sells Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup by Crown Maple. They have an amber & a dark both $19.23 for 25 oz bottle.

maple0085291300325_A.jpg

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Sounds like it could be yummy!  I love maple syrup.  The "Barrel ageing" has me curious.  Does it say how long they Age it in the barrels?  If you get a chance to try Birch syrup try it as a glaze on grilled salmon. It's as Savory as Maple is sweet.

I just looked and it doesn't say how long it's been aged @candys mine

Thanks for mentioning Birch syrup, and I do love salmon. I will look for it!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

Thanks for the information on Sam's and their syrup.  Unfortunately, we don't nave a Sam's anywhere in the area.

Contributor

Noel, thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to look for it next time I'm at Trader Joe's!

Costco sells the same bourbon barrel aged maple syrup that  @Nightowlz posted for 14.99 and we love it Smiley Happy I'll be interested to compare the two of them Smiley Happy