Trusted Contributor

Re: Boneless chicken breast 911 needed.

Pinky Petunia - I tried your chicken recipe tonight and it was excellent too. I"m so happy to get these recipes as I was running out of ways to make chicken and all of you have come through with these wonderful recipes.  I want to try all of them.  Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a bit late here, but thought I'd post another chicken breast recipe. I've been making this for a number of years. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it's really very easy to make.

Chicken Breasts Pierre

2- 4 boneless chicken breasts

2 Tbsp seasoned flour (seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder, etc)

1 Tbsp butter

1 can stewed tomatoes w/liquid

1/4 c water

1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar

1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp dried mustard

1/4 tsp celery seed

1 Tbsp minced garlic

Dredge chicken breasts in seasoned flour, and brown them in melted butter (about 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness).

Remove breasts from pan when browned and drain on paper towel.

In same skillet, combine stewed tomatoes and remaining ingredients/seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and return chicken breasts to skillet.

Cover skillet and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.

I usually serve them with rice.

Edited: just noticed I had posted "12 tsp dried mustard".....yikes. So sorry about that. I've corrected it to read 1/2 tsp!

Trusted Contributor

So glad @jannabelle1  that you decided to post your recipe.  It seems like some tasty, moist chicken breasts will be the outcome.  Thanks for sharing and I've added it to my saved recipe documents.