Honored Contributor

Re: Boneless chicken breast 911 needed.

1 can cr. of chicken soup

1 (6 oz.) box of stuffing mix

3/4 cup water

1 (16 0z.) bag frozen green beans

3- 4 salt and peppered chicken breasts

Place chicken in crock pot. 

Mix soup, stuffing, half of water--mix well and pour over chicken.

Add stirring beans and rest of water.

Cook on low for 7 hours.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

This recipe was posted on the boards 10 yrs ago. Don't know who posted it.

During the Worlds Fair, this was served on the menu at the Space Needle. This serves one person.

Space Needle Chicken

@Nightowlz,  

LilBitMissty reposted this recipe on the Recipe Swap 2/27/2011. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also found the recipe on Cooks.com and it has....

"bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr (maybe 10 minutes more)" 

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I like my version of oven fried chicken cutlets.  If they are very thick, pound them a little flatter.  Soak in milk for 1/2 hour or so.  Coat each cutlet in seasoned breadcrumbs and place on a foil-lined pan (make sure pan has a rim).  Drizzle with oil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.  

I make a lot as I love the leftovers.  This is tasty at room temperature as a sandwich with some mayo, duck sauce, salsa, etc.  Slice it and put it in a pita or wrap with veggies. So versatile.

@PinkyPetunia Thanks for this recipe, so quick, so easy amd SO GOOD!

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

This recipe was posted on the boards 10 yrs ago. Don't know who posted it.

During the Worlds Fair, this was served on the menu at the Space Needle. This serves one person.

Space Needle Chicken

@Nightowlz,  

LilBitMissty reposted this recipe on the Recipe Swap 2/27/2011. 

@vabreeze 

Thank you. I like to give credit where credit is due.

I try to remember to put the username/Q so I know where the recipe came from but I forgot to do it quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat What did you end up doing?  How was the new recipe for you?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I made the oven recipe that @PinkyPetunia  posted.  It was excellent and I've made it twice since then.  Each time I marinated them in buttermilk. I'm not sure if that's the reason they were so very tender, but they were some of the best I've ever made.  I made chicken parm with the leftovers each time - DH loves that.  It's my new favorite way to prepare boneless breasts, but I've filed away several of the other recipes posted to use in the future.  I love this forum!

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I have written most of the recipes down so I can try them.  I have already tried three of them - namely, Somertime - the bacon recipe which was  very delicious and I did it twice as it was that good and I want to try your other recipe there too, also, Flyersgirl - the Mexican chicken was scrumptious too and guess what, my husband loved it, Fast Dog Walkers - I made the chicken with the parmesan cheese and that was also delicious.  Thank you all for these wonderful recipes.  Can't wait to try some more.  

Esteemed Contributor

Found 1 more that's too good not to share!

20 Minute Thai Spicy Baked Peanut Ginger Soy Chicken

PREP TIME 5 minutes       COOK TIME 20 minutes         TOTAL TIME 25 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1" cubes
  • 1/4 cup warm water (microwaved for 1 minute)
  • 1/4 cup smooth/creamy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced,
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (or 3/4 tsp ground) 
  • 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional..to taste) 
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari if GF)

Instructions:

  Preheat oven to 375

  Cut up chicken and place in a baking dish. (Use a dish just big enough to make one layer)

  In a microwave safe bowl, microwave water for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and add remaining ingredients through soy sauce (peanut butter, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and soy sauce). Whisk to combine.   Pour over chicken in baking dish.

  Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.

  For slow cooker/crock pot instructions: add chicken to a crock pot, make sauce and pour over chicken, cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is done (when a meat thermometer registers 175 degrees).

  Serve over rice with cilantro as garnish.

Frequent Contributor

I have been making this for years now, as a matter of fact this is what I made for supper last night:

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

Dredge thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts in flour seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.

Cook in preheated skillet with a bit of olive oil for 4-5 min on first side turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes.  

Top each breast with Dijon mustard to taste 1/2 slice swiss cheese, a slice of deli ham and the remaining half of swiss cheese.  Cover pan and cook on low until cheese starts to melt, approx 2 minutes.  Foil tented over top of fry pan also works in lieu of a cover.

Hope you enjoy--Karen