Honored Contributor

Re: Boneless chicken breast 911 needed.

Wow! You guys never disappoint! 

Now I've got to choose ONE?!

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@AuntG Thanks!     Heart   

I just finished making your recipe marinade and the chicken is in the fridge soaking up the juices! I will be grilling tomorrow! 

I have a Shop Rite delivery coming tomorrow morning. Already had strawberries, grapes and blueberries in the order, but I just updated to add some canteloupe so that I can make fruit salad. YUM!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yes, super simple!  Depending on the number of chicken breasts you are preparing - mix mayo, garlic powder and parmesean cheese and spread over the chicken.  Bake at 375 for 40 or so minutes.  The cheese and the mayo brown and kind of puff up -really yummy!

Respected Contributor

I tried this the other day for pulled bbq chicken breasts and it turned out pretty well. I, too, was looking for something different to make with chicken. I don't think I'll win any bbq contests, but it was moist and tasty. 

PULLED BBQ CHICKEN 

Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker. *

Add about a cup of water.

Sprinkle with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper.

Pour a large bottle of your favorite bbq sauce over it.

Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.

Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board or large platter.

Skim the liquid in the slow cooker to remove any solids.

Shred chicken breasts and return the meat to the slow cooker to keep hot and moist until ready to serve. 

*I wound up cooking about 12 breasts because I froze an entire BJ's package without separating them beforehand. This filled my 6 1/2 quart slow cooker. We had it with veggies the first night, then as sandwiches another night. I'll finish it off for lunch tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

I vote for chicken tacos!

Honored Contributor

I am so glad I posted this today!  I still have lots of chicken in the freezer and I plan on trying as many of these recipes as possible. Thank you, everyone. This thread is surely a keeper.

@PinkyPetunia 

I made your oven fried chicken tonight and it was absolutely excellent. I marinated it in buttermilk for a couple of hours in the fridge, and also tenderized it with my Deni meat tenderizer that I bought from QVC many years ago.  It was so tender, I could cut it with a fork.  I made plenty extra.  One of the things my husband will surely eat is chicken parm, so I'll parm it up for him tomorrow night!  Thank you for a very simple and delicious idea.

I'm posting a pic - please don't judge on presentation, lol.  We had summer squash and a couple of potatoes that needed to be used up, which made for a very bland looking plate, but it was most yummy.

IMG_5564.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

I am so glad I posted this today!  I still have lots of chicken in the freezer and I plan on trying as many of these recipes as possible. Thank you, everyone. This thread is surely a keeper.

@PinkyPetunia 

I made your oven fried chicken tonight and it was absolutely excellent. I marinated it in buttermilk for a couple of hours in the fridge, and also tenderized it with my Deni meat tenderizer that I bought from QVC many years ago.  It was so tender, I could cut it with a fork.  I made plenty extra.  One of the things my husband will surely eat is chicken parm, so I'll parm it up for him tomorrow night!  Thank you for a very simple and delicious idea.

I'm posting a pic - please don't judge on presentation, lol.  We had summer squash and a couple of potatoes that needed to be used up, which made for a very bland looking plate, but it was most yummy.

IMG_5564.JPG

@house_cat

I could eat that right now.

That's how I make oven fried chicken but I drizzle with butter. This is how one of my aunts always made it.

DH loves it.

Honored Contributor

This recipe was posted on the boards 10 yrs ago. Don't know who posted it.

During the Worlds Fair, this was served on the menu at the Space Needle. This serves one person.

Space Needle Chicken

1 chicken breast

1 teaspoon onion soup mix

1 teaspoon butter

1 tablespoon half and half

optional a couple sliced mushrooms

Put a chicken breast on a piece of heavy aluminum foil. Cup the foil around the chicken.

Mix together remaining ingredients. Put on top of chicken. Wrap the foil fairly loosely over and around the chicken.

Bake @ 350° 1 hour and maybe 10 minutes longer. Loosen the foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to brown.

Serve in foil so the chicken can sort of be dipped in the juices while eating.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I'm intrigued by that recipe and look forward to trying it, in part due to the nostalgia around the World's Fair.  I am questioning the cooking time.  I have a tendency to overcook chicken, but an hour or more sounds like a long time.  Have you made this?  Do you find that timing to be accurate?  Thank you for posting.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I'm intrigued by that recipe and look forward to trying it, in part due to the nostalgia around the World's Fair.  I am questioning the cooking time.  I have a tendency to overcook chicken, but an hour or more sounds like a long time.  Have you made this?  Do you find that timing to be accurate?  Thank you for posting.

@house_cat 

Sorry but I never did make it.

I'm sure an hour would be too long.

I think it only takes about 20 mins to cook a boneless skinless chicken breast.

Here is another recipe that I have made. It was pretty good. It only takes 20 mins. or longer depending on size.

Chicken Crunch

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half  (about 1 1/4 pounds)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Heat the oven to 400°F.  Stir 1/3 cup soup and 1/4 cup milk in a shallow dish.  Coat the chicken with the flour.  Dip the chicken in the soup mixture.  Coat the chicken with the stuffing.  Place the chicken onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Heat the remaining soup and milk in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling.  Serve the soup mixture with the chicken.