Honored Contributor

Boneless chicken breast 911 needed.

One of the things I was able to stock up on recently is boneless chicken breasts. Since then, I think I've made them every way I know how.. at least twice. If anyone has a relatively simple, tried and true way of preparing them, I'd love for you to share.

pooh dinner.gif

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Boneless chicken breast 911 needed.

In a hurry, I will cook one in the Instant Pot, shred it and add to a quick casserole with rice, peas and carrots, and cream of chicken soup.

Respected Contributor

If chicken breast are thick, split in two.  In the middle, place a piece of mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with powered garlic and roll up.  Wrap a piece of bacon around the rolled up chicken breast and place on a cookies sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bacon is crisp.

This will be similar to s stir fry.Cut chicken into bit size pieces.  Chop up an onion, several cloves of garlic.  In a saute pan, add olive oil, onions, garlic, saute until soft, add cut up pieces of chicken. dried parsley, and paprika.  Cook 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is browned. If you want you can add wine at this point, red or white or sparking and cook until reduced. Serve with rice or rice a roni or even spaghetti.

Honored Contributor

Do you like to grill out? We made 7-Up Chicken with a side of Hobo Potatoes (those you make on the grill in foil packets) and a fresh fruit salad (melon balls, strawberries, grapes and blueberries). Will do it again. This recipe can easily be halved.

• 2 cups lemon-lime soda
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup cooking oil
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 8 boneless chicken breasts

Make marinade of ingredients. Make sure chicken is covered as it marinates in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours. Then simply grill until meat is cooked all the way through.

Trusted Contributor

Do you like Mexican food? If you do cut up one or 2 chicken breasts (depending on size and number of people you are feeding) and cook on stovetop in a little olive oil. Add in a package of (lowsalt)taco seasoning, a can of drained black beans and cut up fresh tomatoes or half to a full jar of salsa. Transfer cooked mix to a baking dish and top with shredded Mexican cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese melts. Serve as is, or on warmed tortilla or with tortilla chips.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We enjoy this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe over rice:

Sauce:

3 tbsp red wine vinegar

2 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce

1 1/2 tbsp pineapple juice (drained from can of pineapple used below)

1/4 tsp salt

Stir everything together in a dish.

Chicken and Vegetables:

3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken  breast, cubed

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 tsp rice vinegar

2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil

1 red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces

1 green pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces

1 20-oz can pineapple tidbits, drained (but save juice for sauce above)

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 tbsp ginger paste

Marinate chicken in bowl with soy sauce and rice vinegar for 15 minutes. 

Heat large frypan over high heat until very hot.  Swirl 1 tbsp oil to coat bottom of pan until shimmering.

Drain chicken and sear in pan for 3 minutes.  Pour chicken in bowl and cover.

Reheat pan until very hot and drizzle in 2 tsp oil until smoking.  Fry onions and green pepper for 2 minutes.  Stir in drained pineapple for 1 minute.

Clear space in middle of frypan.  Stir in garlic and ginger paste, then stir in 1/2 tsp oil.  Remove from heat and stir to combine with onions, pepper,  and pineapple.  Reheat in frypan and stir in cooked chicken. 

Stir in sauce until heated.          

Honored Contributor

A massive favorite here from Special Recipes Of Home Economics Teachers.

4 chicken breasts

1 C fresh sliced mushrooms (opt)

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix

1 C any wine

Spray inside of baker with lid.

Add breasts and mushrooms, and/or pieces of raw onion

Pour in both soups and spread over breasts and mushrooms

Sprinkle onion soup mix

Pour wine over, around all. 

Seal tightly

Bake 1 1/2-2 hrs. at 350.  May need to thicken gravy.

Be sure you have potatoes or pasta for the gravy!!!

Respected Contributor

I like my version of oven fried chicken cutlets.  If they are very thick, pound them a little flatter.  Soak in milk for 1/2 hour or so.  Coat each cutlet in seasoned breadcrumbs and place on a foil-lined pan (make sure pan has a rim).  Drizzle with oil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.  

I make a lot as I love the leftovers.  This is tasty at room temperature as a sandwich with some mayo, duck sauce, salsa, etc.  Slice it and put it in a pita or wrap with veggies. So versatile.

Respected Contributor

Here is one I posted on Recipes several years ago:

Pretzel Chicken Bites with Mustard Chipotle Sauce

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chicken Pizzerella (no idea why it's named pizza!)

4 boneless chicken breasts 

1 can diced tomatoes 

6 oz sliced  mushrooms canned or fresh 

1 can sliced black olives  (I use 2)

1/2 onion chopped finely  (optional )

1/2 tbsp garlic powder 

1 tbsp dried parsley 

black pepper 

8 oz shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350

in an 8x8 baking dish arrange  chicken breasts , season with garlic powder and pepper. Top with diced tomatoes , sprinkle parsley evenly over top of chicken, add  mushrooms and onions then sliced black olives. Cover with foil  loosely and  bake for 20 minutes.  Remove foil and top with cheese and bake for 7-10 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is done. Serve as is or over rice. 

This is a super simple weeknight dish with things you probably have on hand. This doubles really well too