Honored Contributor

Boneless Pork Loin Chops - Ideas? Recipes?

[ Edited ]

I took inventory in my freezer today and I have 2 packs of boneless pork chops.  

Normally, I make them panko breaded and baked.  

Since I'm cooking more than usual I'm looking for some different recipes...nothing spicy spouse doesn't do well with spicy foods.

Was thinking making something like veal scallopini or marsala but have never made with pork.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Re: Boneless Pork Loin Chops - Ideas? Recipes?

Pork Chop Casserole

8-10 pork chops

2 or 3 cans tomato soup

1 small can tomato sauce

water (as needed)

1 medium onion, diced

pepper

garlic powder

onion powder

basil

oregano

carrots, cut into pieces (optional)

potatoes, cut up (optional)  I use sweet potatoes. 

in a large bowl, mix soup and sauce. Fill the empty cans with some water, stir and add to the soup/sauce mixture until the consistency is not too thick or too watery. Add onion. Add a very generous amount of garlic powder, onion powder, basil and oregano. Add pepper. Stir well. 

Place some of the mixture on the bottom of a large roasting pan to coat. Arrange the pork chops. Add carrots and/or potatoes. Top it with the remaining mixture. 

Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for two hours. 

Valued Contributor

Hello,

We don't have pork chops too often but here's a recipe that I've made more than once - hubby likes and so do I:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/saucy-breaded-pork-chops/

I also recommend going to the Taste of Home website and review all of the pork chop recipes!

Hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Quick fry pork chops are a favorite here with gravy and biscuits.    We like shake and bake coating on pork chops.  I also bake or fry the pork chops and in the last few minutes add a can of drained peaches with a bit of brown sugar.   

I tried a casserole with pork chops, tomato sauce, onions, green pepper, rice, etc., and it was eaten, but no one wants to see it on the table again.   My family thought it was a terrible waste of good pork.   

Respected Contributor

I've made this recipe a few times and it's really good and fork tender.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/234803/chef-johns-smothered-pork-chops/

Respected Contributor

Boneless Pork Loin Chops - Ideas? Recipes?

[ Edited ]

NM

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

This was in the Washington Post yesterday.  Don't have the ingredients right now but saved it for future use.  I would think you could leave out the pepper so it is not spicy and not really change the outcome too much.

Skillet Pork Chops and Spicy Pecan Rice

The chops and flavorful, spicy rice are made in a single skillet, but to speed things up, give the rice a quick parboil in the microwave.

Ingredients

• 5 tablespoons salted butter, softened, divided

• 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

• 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, or water, divided

• 1 cup long-grain white rice

• 3 cloves garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder

• 1 bay leaf

• 4 thin-cut boneless pork chops, trimmed, about 3 ounces each

• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

• 1 tablespoon neutral oil, such as canola oil

• 3/4 cup sliced scallion (4 to 5)

• 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced, or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

• 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)

• 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans

Step 1 In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the softened butter and the parsley and mix gently to incorporate.

Step 2 In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the broth, the rice, garlic and bay leaf. Cover and microwave on HIGH until liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes. Remove the bowl from microwave and using a fork, mash the garlic against the sides of the bowl; then mix into rice.

Step 3 While the rice is cooking, pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet over high heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chops to the pan, searing until well browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a plate and tent loosely with foil or wax paper to keep warm.

Step 4 Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the remaining tablespoon butter and once melted, add the scallion, serrano peppers, ginger and cayenne (if using) and cook until fragrant, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan, about 2 minutes.

Add the par-cooked rice and stir to combine with scallion mixture. Add the carrots, pecans and the remaining 1 1/4 cups broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.

Step 5 Place the seared chops on top of the rice and pour any accumulated juices on the platter into to skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 10 minutes. To serve, place a scoop of rice on a plate, top with a chop and a tablespoon of the parsley butter over the meat.

Note: You can sub in dried herbs for fresh, but remember that dried herbs have a stronger flavor, so, in general, use about 1/3 of the amount of dried in place of fresh. Adapted from Cook’s Country.

Honored Contributor

These are a couple of my favorite pork chop recipes.  I may have gotten them here.  I usually buy bone-in chops but it will work with boneless too.  Both easy!

Pork Chops in Foil

4 pork chops*

1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning

8 tablespoons butter (or less)

8 tablespoons olive oil 

4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

* if you only want to bake 2 chops...adjust ingredients

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Tear off a generous square of aluminum foil for each chop, enough to wrap and seal completely.  Coat both sides of each chop with lemon-pepper seasoning.  Put 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in middle of each piece of foil.  Put each pork chop on top of butter and oil.  Then put another tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon olive oil on top of each chop.  Add one teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce over top of each.  Wrap each chop tightly and place on baking sheet or in Pyrex dish to prevent anything dripping in oven.  Bake 50 minutes.  Short on time....put oven at 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.  Open and enjoy!

Pork Chops with Sauce

2-4 pork chops

salt and pepper over each

Place in baking dish.  Slice one sweet onion and put on  top of chops.  Put one can of Golden Mushroom soup on top.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  

Makes a good gravy for serving with mashed potatoes, if desired.

Honored Contributor

When I use to make chops, I did them on the stove and just at the end I put golden mushroom soup over them and let them simmer.  It was really good.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

When I use to make chops, I did them on the stove and just at the end I put golden mushroom soup over them and let them simmer.  It was really good.

---------------

I did the same thing with pork chops.  Had forgotten how good that meal was...  Smiley Happy