New Contributor

Bob Warden's Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipe

Every time I see Bob Warden demonstrating a pressure cooker he always has one filled with a chicken and this wonderful broth with carrots, onions, etc. It looks so good I wish I could just step into the TV and have a bowl. I have his cookbook, but this recipe is not in it. Does anyone have this particular recipe?

New Contributor

Re: Bob Warden's Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipe

Hi! Awhile back I was looking for this recipe too and I remember finding it on the QVC forums and I believe it was in response to your post. I looked yesterday but can't find it. Did you happen to get the recipe? If so, would you mind posting it? If I find it I'm going to write it down so it does not disappear! Fall is coming and I'm hankering for that delicious soup! Thanks so much! 😀
Esteemed Contributor

bookmark (I'd like this recipe, too)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bob Warden's Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipe--YUMMY

Dear Onegoodsister,   I have Bob's cookbook GREAT FOOD FAST..... there are 2 recipes:

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP with Bowtie Pasta

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Salt & pepper

3 tablespoons butter or margine

1 yellow onion, diced

4 ribs celery, sliced

3 large carrots, sliced

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 1/2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta

6 cups chicken stock or broth

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed

1-Toss cubed chicken breasts in flour that has been generously seasoned with salt and pepper, until all pieces are lightly coated.

2-With cooker's lid off, heat button on HIGH or BROWN, until melted and sizzling.

3-Place the coated chicken in the cooker, and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.

4-Add the onion, celery, carrots and thyme, and stir well, cooking 1 additional minute.

5-Cover all with the pasta, chicken stock, salt and pepper.  Securely lock the presssure cooker's lid and set for 6 minutes on HIGH.

6-Perform a QUICK RELEASE to release the cooker's pressure.

7-Stir in corn kernels and simmer 1 minute before serving.

CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP with a Rich and Creamy Broth

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed (may use breasts or tenders)

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Salt & pepper

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 yellow onion, diced

4 stalks celery, chopped

2 large carrotes, chopped

8 fresh sage leaves, chopped

1 tespoon dried thyme

1 1/4 cups wild rice

6 cups chicken stor or broth

1 cup heavy cream

1 tomato, diced

1-Toss the cubed chicken in flour that has been generously seasoned with salt and pepper, until all pieces are lightly coated.

2-With the cooker's lid off, heat butter and oil on HIGH or BROWN, until melted and sizzling.

3-Place the coated chicken in the cooker, and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.

4-Add the onion, celery, carrots, sage and thyme and stir well, cooking 1 additional minute.

5-Cover all with the wild rice and chicken stock, securely loce the pressure cooker's lid, and set for 12 minutes on HIGH.

6-Let the pressure release NATURALLY for 10 minutes before performing a QUICK RELEASE for any remaining pressure.

7-Stir in heavy cream, diced tomato, and salt and pepper to taste before serving.

Hope these are the recipes that you are looking for!  Enjoy each bowlful, Gerri 

New Contributor

How very kind of you to take the time to post these recipes, Gerri! I actually have the cookbook too. When I saw the recipe posted somewhere here previously, I recall the poster saying the recipe was contained in a recipe booklet she received with her pressure cooker purchase. I'm new to the forums but I'm going to keep looking. If I find it I will certainly share 😀. Thanks again, Gerri! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, thank you Gerri!

I don't even have a pressure cooker but that Chix & Wild Rice soup sounds incredible.  I am sure I can make it in a stock pot.

So very kind of you to share!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must admit I was somewhat obsessed with finding this recipe but I'm happy to report I found it!. Thanks to another poster in the community I learned you can find the manuals for pressure cookers online by Googling the brand and the word manual. With this I stumbled upon the site www.hippressurecooking.com and I found the recipe. As promised I am posting it below. I used this recipe as the base for chicken noodle soup last winter and the broth was simply divine. Enjoy! Smiley Happy 

Stewed Chicken and Stock

5 pounds stewing chicken, whole or cut up

2 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch chunks

2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 4 or 5 chunks

2 large onions, coarsely chopped

4 large leeks, cut into 1/2 inch slices, using up to 2 inches of green top

1 cup white whine

1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns

5 sprigs parsely

2 bay leaves

1 1/2  quarts cold water

Salt (I leave the stock unsalted)

Many recipes call for throwing all the ingredients in the pot without browning the chicken or the vegetables. You will get a stock very quickly that will taste pretty much like the canned stuff. To make a tasty diference, press the Brown button . Press the Start/Off button. Add the chicken and brown until golden brown. Take the chicken out, add the veggies. Add the wine and deglaze, scraping/stirring the bottom of the pan. Press the Start/Off button. Add the remaining ingredients. Lock the lid in place, set the cooker to High for 30 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally. You can quick release the pressure if you are in a hurry. 

Let the stock cool to a safe temperature before straining thru a fine mesh sieve, and then rerigerate or freeze. 

Here's the link to the manual that contains the recipe above, there are many other manuals on the site with recipes too. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/manuals/Cook/cooks_essentials_K34606-manual_opt.pdf