Respected Contributor

Re: Bob Bowersox's Unbelievably Good Garlic Soup

Hello, Beebee2. I signed on tonight to thank you for sharing this recipe. I finally got around to trying it this evening, and DH and I both enjoyed it quite a lot. DH said, "Oh, this one is a keeper!"

BTW, BooBoo2, throughout the meal we discussed future possible applications of this soup, and one of our ideas was with pasta (with the bread, but not so much as to over thicken it). Other suggestions were as a sauce over a baked potato or atop a steak. DH also wondered about putting some of it inside a cheeseburger.

As you can see, Beebee2, we will be having this soup in all sorts of forms and applications, but it is unbelievably good as soup. Thanks again.

--Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

On 11/10/2014 IamMrsG said:

Hello, Beebee2. I signed on tonight to thank you for sharing this recipe. I finally got around to trying it this evening, and DH and I both enjoyed it quite a lot. DH said, "Oh, this one is a keeper!"

BTW, BooBoo2, throughout the meal we discussed future possible applications of this soup, and one of our ideas was with pasta (with the bread, but not so much as to over thicken it). Other suggestions were as a sauce over a baked potato or atop a steak. DH also wondered about putting some of it inside a cheeseburger.

As you can see, Beebee2, we will be having this soup in all sorts of forms and applications, but it is unbelievably good as soup. Thanks again.

--Mrs. G.

Thanks so much for reporting your results. I wish I had thought to fix this tonight. I'm so glad your hubby thinks it's a keeper, and I hope this holiday season finds you both enjoying yourselves! Remember to share some of your favorite recipes with us. Smiley Happy

And thanks all for your responses I hope you will enjoy it as much as the "G's" did.

Honored Contributor

Am hoping I can keep this vegetarian by using vegetable stock in lieu of chicken.

About 40 years ago, Bob owned a restaurant called The Crepe Chalet. To die for food!

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 IamMrsG said:

As an admirer of all things garlic, I clicked onto this thread as soon as I saw it. When I looked to see who originated it, I smiled and literally said out loud, "Of course." Beebee2, you are a reliable source for good recipes. Thank you for this one. It will be on our table one day soon. --Mrs. G.

BeeBee2, first I need to say I have not seen you around lately. I sincerely hope all is well with you, and that it's just bad timing on my part. Losing you on Recipe Swap would be a huge loss.

Okay, I made this Garlic Soup again this evening, and it was a good as DH and I remembered it. Thank you, yet again, for another good recipe. As I've said many times, for me, your name is synonymous with trustworthy recipes.

The footnotes I've attached to my file document:

• I doubled the recipe, using ~1.75 large garlic heads. The garlic was strong, but, after warming, not over powerful.

• Served with Romaine, hard cooked egg, tomato and Parmigiano Reggiano salads, dressed with Tuscan olive oil and lemon white Balsamic vinegar.

• Wine: Sauvignon Blanc (citrus flavors complement garlic), but a not-too sweet Viognier should pair well also.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

It sounds divine. Thank you!