Honored Contributor

Blueberry Pie Cookies - Yum

[ Edited ]

I always take my hairdresser a fresh baked goodie when I go.  A few weeks ago, she sent me a posting of these blueberry pie cookies with a note "I really wouldn't mind if you surprised me with these" they look delicious.

Her birthday was last week so I decided to give them a try instead of cupcakes for her and her children.  

I made these this morning -- easy as pie.  Will say my basketweave skills aren't that great but they got it done.

IMG_4330.jpg

The recipe is so easy & quick:

1 store bought rolled pie crust (2 in a box), 1 can blueberry filling, sanding sugar (or regular sugar), egg wash for crust

-Unroll 1 pie crust - use rolling pin to make bottom crust a little thinner on floured   board

-Spread sparingly the blueberry filling on crust

- Roll out other pie crust cut into strips. Place on top layer as lattice (basketweave) 

Use round cookie cutter (I used 2") cut out rounds, transfer gently to cookie sheets lined with parchment - brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle tops with sugar.

Bake on 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges.

Let cool - sprinkle with conf sugar if desired.

Enjoy! PS: You can also use different fillings (I just made another batch using lemon curd)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blueberry Pie Cookies - Yum

Looks yummy Smiley Happy Do you cut them into cookies with a cutter, pre-bake?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Looks yummy Smiley Happy Do you cut them into cookies with a cutter, pre-bake?

Yes I used a round biscuit cutter which is 2".  This made 12 cookies. No pre-baking at all once assembled you just pop them in the oven. Mine took 15 minutes to brown but then again every oven is different. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks. I might make these for the 4th Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I am all over this blueberry cookie recipe!!  Thank you!!

Valued Contributor

Good lord above those look incredible!!!! Can't wait to make them. Thank you very much.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this recipe!  We love blueberries and this is a simple way to use them!  I 'm anxious to make these.

Honored Contributor

Well those are the best looking cookies ever. I adore blueberries. How did you get the lattice edging on yours? Thank you sooo much for sharing, and posting the photo. 🍇🍇🍇

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Well those are the best looking cookies ever. I adore blueberries. How did you get the lattice edging on yours? Thank you sooo much for sharing, and posting the photo. 🍇🍇🍇

I cut the 2nd crust into strips and did a basketweave (or as those who make pies lattice top).  It's over and under each strip until it looks like a basketweave.

Then brush the tops with egg wash and cut out.  I then sprinkled the sugar on top before baking.

Honored Contributor

Wow those cookies look very professional, you should be very proud! I hope your hairdresser and her family enjoy them. (It is very nice of you to bring her treats)