New Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef's recipes over Christmas break

When will we  be able to view the receipes from Meredith Lawence Christmas show on the Q. That was Dec 25 for her show today is Dec 29.Is there A reason why we are waiting so long for the receipes ????

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Just caught the Blue Jean Chef making a Caesar Salad.  Love it, but never made one at home.

Question:  She used raw eggs - is that safe?  Noticed she put salt and 1/2 lemon's juice - does that "cook" the eggs?  

@eddyandme

I like eggs over easy so I have never been too concerned about raw eggs in Cesar dressing but I think you can buy pasturized eggs if you are.  

Honored Contributor

I want to make her lasagna roll-ups. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@criticalcare wrote:

When will we  be able to view the receipes from Meredith Lawence Christmas show on the Q. That was Dec 25 for her show today is Dec 29.Is there A reason why we are waiting so long for the receipes ????

@criticalcare They are already online. They are posted on her blog here.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/11513

Honored Contributor

Made Meredith's Banana Bread with walnuts today.

It was Yummy!!!!!!!! It's a keeper.

Dusting the pan with sugar & the top with turbinado sugar left it with a crunchy texture which I really like.

Esteemed Contributor

I made her cinnamon rolls last week!

I brought my laptop out to the kitchen counter and followed each step (but I am no novice to baking with yeast), and everything went very nicely!  And the buns got raves and craves for more!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

I brought my laptop out to the kitchen counter and followed each step (but I am no novice to baking with yeast), and everything went very nicely!  And the buns got raves and craves for more!

@Harpa I did not see her cinnamon roll recipe. Was it also on one of The Basics videos?

I will have to see how it compares to the one we have been using. We make the dough in the bread machine & go from there. So much easier.

Just made her Banana Bread. It's Yummy & so easy to make!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Harpa I did not see her cinnamon roll recipe. Was it also on one of The Basics videos?

I will have to see how it compares to the one we have been using. We make the dough in the bread machine & go from there. So much easier.

@Nightowlz

Yes! Her Basics. On page 3 or 4.

I'm all set to repeat those buns for company this weekend!

Actually, I do not have a silicone mat to roll out the dough. But what I do have is a cutting mat for cutting squares for quilting. I simply washed that and it was perfect! Although my island counter top could have sufficed.

I did see that banana bread. I'll have to check it out again!

Happy baking!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Nightowlz

Yes! Her Basics. On page 3 or 4.

I'm all set to repeat those buns for company this weekend!

Actually, I do not have a silicone mat to roll out the dough. But what I do have is a cutting mat for cutting squares for quilting. I simply washed that and it was perfect! Although my island counter top could have sufficed.

I did see that banana bread. I'll have to check it out again!

Happy baking!

@Harpa Ok Thx. Just checked it out. The recipe is a little different then the one I have been using. Here is the one I have been using latley.

Basic Sweet Dough

3/8 c milk

3/8 c water

1 egg

3 c flour

1 t salt

4 T butter

1/3 c sugar

2 t yeast

Put in machine in order of your bread machine instructions 

Roll out dough 15 x 9

Melt 3 T butter brush on dough

sprinkle with 1/3 c sugar + 3 t cinnamon mixture

chopped pecans - optional

Roll dough up & cut into rolls. Makes 15

Let Rise in Oven for 30 mins. Turn oven to lowest setting to rise.

Bake 350° for 15 mins.

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz cream cheese

1/4 c butter

1/2 t vanilla

1 1/2 c confectioner's sugar

1 1/2 t milk

Mix until smooth

Cinnamon Rolls made with Sweet Roll Dough.JPG