Honored Contributor

Re: Black Bottom Cupcakes! Oh my!

Those are my husband's favorite!  I used to make them all the time.

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz 

Too late for this time, but that's a great idea if I make them again.

@ahoymate 

I wish @QVCkitty1 and I could hang out together. I'm sure we'd have lots and lots in common!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update:  I'm terribly disappointed with the results.  As I type this, I have another cake in the oven, because I won't be delivering the cupcakes.  DH says they taste delicious, but I'm not at all happy with their appearance.

@tansy  and the others who have made these before, perhaps you can tell me what I did wrong. I chilled the cream cheese and it looked exactly like in the video when I put it into the oven - this is how they turned out.  Pretty sad looking.

IMG_4426.JPG

It's not just that the cream cheese seems to have sunk to the middle, but the overall bake is not up to par.  I followed the intructions completely, I don't know why they didn't turn out as puffy as my cupcakes usually do.

In any case, DH will do his best to eat them this week - the taste is excellent.  In the meantime, I was up at 6 am baking layers for a chocolate layer cake. I'm using the traditional recipe off the Hershey's cocoa can, which is always a winner.  I'll be putting this peanut butter frosting between the layers and a chocolate ganache on top. Wish me luck.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@LdyBugz 

Too late for this time, but that's a great idea if I make them again.

@ahoymate 

I wish @QVCkitty1 and I could hang out together. I'm sure we'd have lots and lots in common!

@house_cat , I wish the same, I love your posts ! 🌺🌷🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Hey, my BD is tomorrow too!  Can you hubby deliver to my porch.  LOL

I was supposed to be leaving for Las Vegas today and having a good old time, but alas, stuck by my lonesome in the house.  And I'm getting real tired of my own company.  Boring!

Happy Birthday @Scooby Doo !

Super Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Update:  I'm terribly disappointed with the results.  As I type this, I have another cake in the oven, because I won't be delivering the cupcakes.  DH says they taste delicious, but I'm not at all happy with their appearance.

@tansy  and the others who have made these before, perhaps you can tell me what I did wrong. I chilled the cream cheese and it looked exactly like in the video when I put it into the oven - this is how they turned out.  Pretty sad looking.

IMG_4426.JPG

It's not just that the cream cheese seems to have sunk to the middle, but the overall bake is not up to par.  I followed the intructions completely, I don't know why they didn't turn out as puffy as my cupcakes usually do.

In any case, DH will do his best to eat them this week - the taste is excellent.  In the meantime, I was up at 6 am baking layers for a chocolate layer cake. I'm using the traditional recipe off the Hershey's cocoa can, which is always a winner.  I'll be putting this peanut butter frosting between the layers and a chocolate ganache on top. Wish me luck.

They look yummy to me! I think baking POWDER can go stale and results can be a little Flat when baking.

I watched the video and she is fun to watch ,Thanks.                                                        Very thoughtful of you to bake for your friend.

Honored Contributor

oh I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you hoped @house_cat 

I would be more than happy to take the offending cupcakes off your hands so you wouldn't have to look at them

I'm glad they still tasted good - it looks like a wonderful recipe 

have to find the video now

Honored Contributor

@RACALAMB2 

I'll have to check the date on the can, but those things don't last long enough in my kitchen to go stale.  I'm halfway through the can at this point and haven't had a problem so far, but one never knows.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  Just to let you know, you inspired me to make this recipe as soon as I could get my hands on cream cheese. Well, I did this week, and they are delicious! BTW, the video was a real help to me, because I'm not a great baker.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

I'm so glad to hear that! You made my day!

~ house cat ~