Respected Contributor

Re: Bisquick - Impossible Pies

Wow, had totally forgotten about the Impossible Pies!  Used to make the cheeseburger pie also - good comfort food.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat,  I'm drooling on my tablet from admiring your qiuche! 😀  I never would have thought to use pancake mix as a replacement for the Bisquick. I rarely eat breakfast at home and haven't owned a box of pancake mix in decades.  This recipe might be helpful if one finds him/herself out of both Bisquick and pancake mix:

(Posted by GiantsLover 1-02-2019 in the QVC Recipe Forum's "HEALTHY HOME MADE BISQUICK MIX AND RECIPES........ENJOY!!!" thread.)

HEALTHY HOME MADE BISQUICK MIX

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1½ TBS baking powder
½ TBS salt
8 TBS butter, cold and cubed

Instructions
In the bowl of a standing mixer, add flour, baking powder and salt.

Add the cold, cubed butter and using the paddle attachment, mix the ingredients together on low until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.

Alternatively, you can combine the ingredients using a pastry blender, two forks or your fingers.

Store the baking mix in the fridge or the freezer, for up to 3 months.

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze 

Thank you for posting the recipe. I purchased two large boxes of pancake mix at the start of the stay-at-home orders, because there was no flour on the shelves and I panicked!  I've since been able to get flour.  I'm pretty sure the pancake mix and the Bisquick are about the same, though the pancake mix seems to have some sugar in it and I don't think the Bisquick does.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

Impossible Bisquick pies are a good way to use up leftovers.  I always make sloppy joe pie, tamale pie and roast beef and Swiss pie. 

@Infinite Mom 47-could you share your tamale pie recipe? I'd love to try that!

Frequent Contributor

Would love the recipe for roast beef and swiss pie. Thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you google 'Betty Crockers Impossible Pies' all of the recipes come up. No need to have the Betty Crocker Bisquick Cookbook.

Alot of the recipes you can modify with your own leftovers.   Smiley Happy