Honored Contributor

I hate to stifle all the creativity with the cranberry sauce recipes, but our favorite is one package raw cranberries cooked up with one cup sugar.  Period.  Some of these recipes sound like you wouldn't even be able to taste the cranberries.  However, I do plan on trying Mary Beth's recipe.  

Respected Contributor

That is how I make my cranberries.  I pkg cranberries, one cup water, and one cup sugar.  Cook and then I press them through a strainer to make the gelled sauce with no pulp.

Susan Branch has a recipe that roasts the cranberries.  I tried it once and liked it but no one else did, so I have never made them that way again.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@depglass As someone who has homemade cranberry sauce in the refrig 12 months of the year, I like to see what others do with the berries even though for the most part, I use the basic recipe from the bag minus anywhere from a quarter to a third of that cup of sugar.  

One of the advantages of eating alone is that one is easier to please than 2 or more.  I can always doctor my sauce if there's company.

BTW-  the cranberries I bought the first week I saw them in the market were the best I've ever used -  none to toss and the whole bag was plump and especially tasty.  Hope that's true for the whole season -  I can't add my freezer cache until after I move in December.

Honored Contributor

My go to is---fresh cranberries, dried cherries and a splash of cranberry rum---amazing!!!!!Heart

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I hate to stifle all the creativity with the cranberry sauce recipes, but our favorite is one package raw cranberries cooked up with one cup sugar.  Period.  Some of these recipes sound like you wouldn't even be able to taste the cranberries.  However, I do plan on trying Mary Beth's recipe.  

That's the way my mother always made her homemade cranberry sauce.  No frills, but we always liked it.

I usually always follow in my mom's footsteps because of tradition and because I always loved her cooking, but I have adopted a different recipe and I love it, and make it every year for the past 30 years or so.

It's a recipe from Ann Marie Husti (Jackie Kennedy's former white house chef, who she fired, by the way, long story).  Ann Marie was on a Sat talk show years ago and made this recipe with cranberries, apples, and adding an orange cut up, once the sauce was cooked.

I love it, it's so refreshing and I like that it combines a sort of applesauce to the cranberry sauce.

Honored Contributor

You haven't tasted great cranberry sauce until you've tasted Williams Sonoma cranberry sauce. I used to buy it but my store moved away. I found the recipe online and make my own now. I highly recommend it!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

We typically just open a can but I’m tired of that because it’s just ok. Because it’s only my immediate family this year, 8 of us, I am going to try the homemade cranberry sauce from the local Jamaican restaurant this year. I have heard it’s just delicious and you must order first of November. Yummo

Respected Contributor

This one is pretty darn good!

Cranberry Sauce | Cranberry sauce, Trader joes, Cranberry

Respected Contributor

Yes, but my TJ's didn't have it t his year.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely will have to make some  to try and give as gifts ! Thanks,

@wagirl wrote:

My go to is---fresh cranberries, dried cherries and a splash of cranberry rum---amazing!!!!!Heart