Valued Contributor

Re: Best chocolate to make candies

@missmouse12  If you are willing to pay for premium chocolate Jacques Torres can't be beat. His website sells all kinds of baking chocolate. Julia Child loved his chocolate.

Honored Contributor

I love ghariradeiil. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Ghirardelli! 

Honored Contributor

Amazon has Guittard, Ghirardelli & Merkens melting wafers. They also have Callebaut or Guittard blocks of chocolate. YUM!!!

Frequent Contributor

@furbabylover 

WOW!  I think I will wait to try these!  Once I get my groove back I will buy some and make something special for my mom.

Frequent Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

It has been a million years since I've been to WS I had no idea that was the abbreviation!

Respected Contributor

The kids and I make chocolate candy every year for Christmas and give them out as gifts. I have never used anything but Merkens because it is hands down the best, especially Merkens Cocoa Lite. I get many raves about it.

You can find it at candy & cake supply stores, or online. I've never seen it at any mainstream stores like Walmart or grocery stores.

Valued Contributor

@missmouse12  You won't be sorry. I have bought their milk, dark and white chocolated discs and made so many wonderful things with them. You might want to google his famous Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. There is no other like it. He uses a little bread flour which makes a lot of difference.