• 1 bag crushed Doritos 12 ounces
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 16 ounces salsa
Meatloaf Topping
  • 8 ounces salsa
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cover baking sheet with foil. 
  • Mix meatloaf ingredients well. Shape into loaves the desired size with your hands.
  • Top with salsa and remaining cheese.  Bake until internal temperature is 160 degrees F.  

*We made 7 mini meat loaves and they reached 160 degrees internal temp in 30 minutes.
Notes
  • Crush Doritos into fairly small pieces to make mixing easier
  • Shape meatloaves equal sizes so they cook evenly
  • Use a digital meat thermometer inserted in the center of meatloaves to ensure internal temperature reads 160ºF
  • Meatloaves can be topped with salsa and cheese at the beginning of baking time OR part way through baking time to prevent cheese from burning
  • Leftovers reheat well in the microwave
  • Meatloaves freeze well in an airtight container or freezer bag

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

You had me at meatloaf! ❤️❤️❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting @Chi-town girl .  Gonna try this one.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh @Chi-town girl sounds amazing. Already printed. 😋 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Yum !!! 🌮🍔

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor
@Chi -Town Girl! This sounds delicious. We love tacos so this will become a go-to at our house!
Super Contributor

Thank you - love easy recipes and fast to make...  can't wait to make this!!

Honored Contributor

It's a nice alternative for Taco Tuesday. I like that it freezes well for an easy leftover meal

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

Made this but substituted ground beef for ground pork.  I also halved the recipe (used 1 egg instead of 2) and it made 4 small "loaves" (size of a large hamburger patty).  I baked for 25 min and the meat was nice and juicy.  Love the idea of small portions rather than one giant "block" of meatloaf.  Another fabulous recipe, @Chi-town girl !!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

Made this but substituted ground beef for ground pork.  I also halved the recipe (used 1 egg instead of 2) and it made 4 small "loaves" (size of a large hamburger patty).  I baked for 25 min and the meat was nice and juicy.  Love the idea of small portions rather than one giant "block" of meatloaf.  Another fabulous recipe, @Chi-town girl !!!!! 

@joviolin - thank you for sharing your recipe revision and experience