Honored Contributor

Best New Cookbooks #3: 100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies

[ Edited ]

100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies, Novel Treats, Brownies, Bars, and More

9781452180854_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

From celebrated blogger Sarah Kieffer of The Vanilla Bean Baking Blog!

100 Cookies is a go-to baking resource featuring 100 recipes for cookies and bars, organized into seven chapters.

Chocolatey, fruity, crispy, chewy, classic, inventive—there's a foolproof recipe for the perfect treat for everyone in this book.

• Introduces innovative baking techniques
• Includes an entire chapter dedicated to Kieffer's "pan banging" technique that ensures crisp edges and soft centers for the most delicious cookies
• Nearly every recipe is accompanied by a photograph.

Recipes range from the Classic Chocolate Chip made three different ways, to bars, brownies, and blondies that reflect a wide range of flavors and global inspiration.

This is the comprehensive-yet-charming cookbook every cookie lover (or those who love to bake cookies) needs.

• Recipes include Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies, Olive Oil Sugar Cookies with Blood Orange Glaze, Red Wine Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Bars, and Pan-Banging Ginger Molasses, S'mores Cookies, Snickerdoodles, and more
• A great pick for the home baker who loves cookies, as well as fans of Sarah Kieffer's blog and Instagram

• You'll love this book if you love cookbooks like Sally's Cookie Addiction by Sally McKenney; Dorie's Cookies by Dorie Greenspan; and The Perfect Cookie: Your Ultimate Guide to Foolproof Cookies, Brownies&Bars by America's Test

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best New Cookbooks #3: 100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies

Oh, I just love baking cookies!  I'll have to see if my local library has this book before I take the plunge and buy it.  One can't have enough baking/cooking books!

Thanks for posting this!