Respected Contributor

Re: Best Dish ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿฅฉ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ

Not to sound like I am "bragging" but (!) I have a couple: lasagna, potato salad and prime rib!  This is making me hungry!

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Not to sound like I am "bragging" but (!) I have a couple: lasagna, potato salad and prime rib!  This is making me hungry!

@FastDogWalker2 , It's not bragging if it's true !  ๐Ÿ˜ป

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

My crockpot Sante Fe chicken. So easy and so good. The next day I wrap the leftovers in wraps slather on enchilada sauce and shredded cheese and bake. Just scrumptious. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

Thank you for the explanation & pictures, that is so interesting.

Do they have their own distinctive taste or are they similar to other berries?

Are they something you can eat plain, like other fruit or only cook with?

Thanks again for the info, gotta keep the brain working while Iโ€™m off work!

Respected Contributor

Lasagna.  Just had it last night.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper  They are practically inedible raw. Very metallic in taste. In fact, I think they are slightly poisonous, but I'm not sure about that. Once cooked, they take on a sweeter taste. The yellow groundcherries are ripe and sweeter. The green are not ripe and tart in flavor. The best pies have a combination of both yellow and green. I go through my frozen groundcherries to make a good combo for each pie. I used to grow them, but they take up a lot of room, so I buy them in Lancaster now. But, they are not cheap. Groundcherries are ready to harvest when they drop on the ground. If we have a lot of rain early in the season, there are a lot of green. And they don't ripen once they drop. The best seasons are the dry, so there are more yellow groundcherries.

Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Great thread! Everyones dishes sound wonderful! If itโ€™s not too much trouble .... or doesnโ€™t cause you to reveal an old family secret (haha!) ...it would be great if some would share these special recipes... I know that I am looking for some new recipes to entertain the family.

Honored Contributor

My lasagne is awesome but it takes me two days to make.   I'm extremely meticulous about the quality and flavors when I cook.  I make the sauce one day, cool, then refrigerate.  Then, I bring it out the next day and simmer it a little more while I get the rest of the dish done.

I have written several other recipes that became favs here, but I cook so seldom anymore except just for me and I just don't go to as much trouble when I'm cooking for only me.

Although I have limitations now, I do miss cooking for others.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Stuffinโ€™ Muffins. My granddaughter named this recipe. I serve it every thanksgiving with my baked rosemary turkey breast. Sometimes by request for Christmas or Easter. I make my cornbread dressing from my grandmaโ€™s recipe...and bake it in muffin tins...that way everyone gets the crunchy brown part they usually fight over...split them open, ladle on the gravy.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My first thought would be my potato salad....I just asked DH what he likes best of anything that I make, and he immediately said "your potato salad is the best ever".