Esteemed Contributor

Best Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

Best Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

I made this last night, it was so good, and very easy as well!  IMO, it is best served warm:

1 Devils Food Cake Mix

1 Smell package instant Chocolate Pudding

1 Cup Whole Milk

3 Eggs

1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter

1/4 Cup Sour Cream

1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (I used Pure Vanilla)

1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (I used everyday table salt)

2 Cups Semi Chocolate Chips

Cooking Spray for Crock Pot

Ice Cream For Topping (optionaL)

Directions

In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.  Stir to combine.  Add Milk, Eggs, Melted butter, sour cream, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth.  fold in Chocolate Chips.  Spray the bowl of the Crock Pot with Nonstick cooking Spray Add batter to Crock Pot and smooth top with spatula.  Cook on High for 2 -2 1/2 hours (we cooked for 2 1/2 hours)  Make sure the edges are not burning.  Cake can be kept warm for up to 4 hours before serving.  The finished  cake should be set on the sides and still gooey in the center.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

Hi, what size crock pot did you use, this sounds so good !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 I actually used my Ninja Cooker

Honored Contributor

@CareBears  This sure sounds good!  I was wondering about using the slow cooker on my Ninja since is was wider than a lot of them.  I'll be making this in the next few weeks I'm sure!!

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Is this like a lava cake?  I have a recipe for one that’s is so good with ice cream. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl I would not define it as a lave cake, but just chocolate cake, I tested it at 2 hours and IMO it was not done in the middle, so I cooked it the additional 30 minutes and it was rich and so good, with a dollop of ice cream, it is rich I will say that!