Respected Contributor

Best Banana pudding ever !

[ Edited ]

Flipping channels and I came across Paula Deen on JTV. I wasn't aware that she now sells jewelry but has anyone ever made her "Not Yo Mammas Banana Pudding" ?  I'm not impressed with her jewelry but that banana pudding is the best !  When I was working and we had pot lucks I would make it for the office and they would line up with bowls before getting the main course so they could get some before it was gone. I was told that was the only thing I could make and bring to the pot luck, nothing else.

Recipe:

3-4 bananas

2 bags of nabisco chessman cookies

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

1 box of instant french vanilla pudding

16 oz carton of cool whip

1 package of cream cheese (softened)

2 cups milk

make the french vanilla pudding acording to the box directions and refrigerate until set.  In a bowl use a mixer, mix the softened cream cheese with condensed milk then stir in the pudding and cool whip until well blended and set aside. in a 9x12 pan, layer cookies then  slice bananas on top. Pour half of cream cheese mixure on top, then another layer of cookies and sliced bananas then remaining cream cheese mixture, more bananas and end with cookies on top. (I usually crumble a few extra cookies on top  I don't use both bags of cookies, always have a few extras left (my grandson loves them)  I always make this pudding for Thanksgiving and Christmas, everyone in my family loves it, hope you will too !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Banana pudding ever !

@Goodie2shoes 

This sounds yummy. I don't think I've ever had Chessman cookies. I will have to look for them when I go shopping. It's not an aisle I usually go down.

Thanks for sharing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I believe the Chessmen cookies are Pepperidge Farm, unless Nabisco has some too. 

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  wrote

This sounds yummy. I don't think I've ever had Chessman cookies. I will have to look for them when I go shopping. It's not an aisle I usually go down.

you are welcome. The cookies are in bags not boxes as I first noted ( I changed it in my post)

Respected Contributor

@Tori3569 I believe the Chessmen cookies are Pepperidge Farm, unless Nabisco has some too. 

You are absolutely right !! yes they are Pepperidge Farm brand. So sorry

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

No worries. I googled Chessman cookies and Pepperidge Farm came up. Also a step by step recipe came up too that I went a looked at the directioms and pictures. OH MY WORD ... the pictures of this dessert had me drooling. I am for sure going to make this the next time my sons come over for a meal.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

DH loves anything with cream cheese and also loves banana pudding, so I will have to make this...maybe for part of our Christmas Eve get-together 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes , no need to apologize!  I just wanted to make sure as I will be making your recipe.  Thanks for sharing! 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I make Paula's banana pudding for family gatherings, it's so good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont think this is a Paula Deen recipe.  I havent found this one in any of her books or any  website.  (doesnt mean its not there just didnt find it).

One of Paula's banana pudding recipe called Not Yo Mama's Pudding calls for homemade whipped cream, not Cool Whip.  She also as one called Classic Banana Pudding and it does not have Cool Whip in it either.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)