Honored Contributor

Before Summer Is Over, I Want To Be Sure To Make.......

Pasta salad!  I just can't ever think of it until I want some!

I use this recipe from the top tea room here now closed.

I do increase the dill and I added a green pepper.

Image result for chelsea's tea room Biltmore Village sampler plate

img119.jpg

Contributor

Re: Before Summer Is Over, I Want To Be Sure To Make.......

This looks wonderful!!   Thank you for sharing.  I am going to make this weekend!!

Esteemed Contributor

I made this last year. I think it was posted then also. It’s delicious, thanks for showing again. Enjoy your pasta salad soon, summer goes way to fast. 

Honored Contributor

I have this from your previous posting but never made it.  I just put it into my cell and will get the ingredients next grocery trip.  Thanks for posting again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Great idea!  Before I even read the post I saw your heading, and went right to the kitchen and made one.

I had on hand a tender fresh zucchini, part of a tomato, Penzey's Country French Vinaigrette mix (and the oil and vinegar), and a box of rainbow rotini.  I used about 2/3 of the box.

Done in a flash. Cooling in the fridge now (I left the pasta hot and added the chunked-up squash to soften it a skosh, and then the dressing to absorb in nicely, then the mater).

I may add a little feta when I serve.  DH is a meat and potato and veggie man, so along with a side of meatloaf, the pasta salad takes care of the "potato" and veg.  Thanks, @ECBG !

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Great idea!  Before I even read the post I saw your heading, and went right to the kitchen and made one.

I had on hand a tender fresh zucchini, part of a tomato, Penzey's Country French Vinaigrette mix (and the oil and vinegar), and a box of rainbow rotini.  I used about 2/3 of the box.

Done in a flash. Cooling in the fridge now (I left the pasta hot and added the chunked-up squash to soften it a skosh, and then the dressing to absorb in nicely, then the mater).

I may add a little feta when I serve.  DH is a meat and potato and veggie man, so along with a side of meatloaf, the pasta salad takes care of the "potato" and veg.  Thanks, @ECBG !

@Sweetbay magnolia I'll be there in a few with a bottle of wine!

Try this recipe!  It will knock your socks off!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia I'll be there in a few with a bottle of wine!

Try this recipe!  It will knock your socks off!!!Smiley Happy

@Sweetbay magnolia OHHHHHH!  Just thought, may I bring some fresh green beans and sliced summer tomatoes?

Honored Contributor

I think this was posted last year because I even got the cookbook from the library. Seemed to me it was from a once popular restaurant. Found wonderful recipes in it.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I think this was posted last year because I even got the cookbook from the library. Seemed to me it was from a once popular restaurant. Found wonderful recipes in it.

@Yes, my Dear.  We were discussing it, and I knew there would be questions.  The owner of the tearoom is near 90 now and I was her flowergirl in her wedding.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I always enjoy summer salads like this. So refreshing.