Super Contributor

Beef and Broccoli Pasta Skillet

I think that this dish looks so good! It is a different method from any that I make. I think it just looks so interesting with the pasta browned. I was even thinking of trying it with ground beef instead of steak. What do you think?

/></p> <p>Beef and Broccoli Pasta Skillet</p> <p>1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak<br/> 1/4 tsp. salt<br/> 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper<br/> 4 tbsp.  vegetable oil, divided<br/> 8 oz. dry angel hair or vermicelli pasta, broken into 1
6 cloves garlic, minced (6 cloves=about 1 tbsp.)
3 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained

Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Cut steak into thin strips. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add steak strips; cook 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Add remaining 3 tbsp. oil, pasta and garlic to the skillet; stir until pasta is coated with oil. Cook over high heat 3-4 minutes or until pasta is light golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in the tomato sauce; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Stir in steak and broccoli. Cook covered 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Hunts. Posted by sue-p 12/8/10