Trusted Contributor

I keep trying to post on your thread, but I keep getting an error thing.....even if I just type XX, and I can post on other threads..........{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Here is my contribution here:

OK......Boiled peanuts are a Southern regional thing....I do not nor will not eat mushy boiled peanuts, that many think is the norm for them......I have learned a new way for me to make them, that is not usual, or in tradition, and my dad says he does not know how we made them before now.........Here is how I make them....Take a couple of pounds of GREEN PEANUTS, and wash them well, and place them in a pressure cooker, and cover with water........Then you add in a generous amount of salt....not a cup or anything, just a generous amount, as the salt does have to permeate the hulls, and then cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, and then let them sit for about an hour, and then eat and enjoy........... Now...the new way is to add in either cajun seasoning, or cook with ham hocks, as peanuts are legumes........But....I am a traditionalist, and eat without altering the general recipe Now, you can freeze them in zip loc bags, and then run hot water over them in the bag a couple of times, and this will thaw them, and make them slightly warm to eat and enjoy........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

forrest, hope you don't mind, but I C&Ped this post & slapped it onto Beebee's thread, so it's now where you wanted it to be!

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

I can not get into this thread either! I wanted to add I live outside of Pittsburgh Pa and Parmanti Brothers is good but, my favorite is Perogies that a local church makes by hand. They have so many flavors too! You have to get there early they sell out so fast. Fry them in a skillet with butter and onion and it is heaven in a skillet. They only sell them once a year at Lent. I am just counting the days till I can get them.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/11/2015 digo said:

I can not get into this thread either! I wanted to add I live outside of Pittsburgh Pa and Parmanti Brothers is good but, my favorite is Perogies that a local church makes by hand. They have so many flavors too! You have to get there early they sell out so fast. Fry them in a skillet with butter and onion and it is heaven in a skillet. They only sell them once a year at Lent. I am just counting the days till I can get them.

Yummy we need a recipe?

Esteemed Contributor
Katey1261 you can use any frozen or fresh Perogies, just put them in a skillet with a stick of butter, this is NOT a diet meal! Add sliced sweet onions and sauté till all is done. This is the way we do it in the Burgh! Lol.
Trusted Contributor
On 1/12/2015 digo said: Katey1261 you can use any frozen or fresh Perogies, just put them in a skillet with a stick of butter, this is NOT a diet meal! Add sliced sweet onions and sauté till all is done. This is the way we do it in the Burgh! Lol.

Sounds good. Thanks digo!