Valued Contributor

Baked oven stuffed tomatoes stuffed with herbs, chopmeat, and rice filled grapeleaves

[ Edited ]

Bought 4 large gorgeous beefsteak firm tomatoes and have lots of leftover stuffed grapeleaves, already stuffed with herbs, chopped meat, and arborio rice.

I chopped the leftover stuffed grapeleaves into little pieces and then stuffed the beefsteak tomatoes with the mixture.

I also drizzled some chicken stock into the tomato and used the innards of the tomato as a puree of chopped tomato with bits of tomato still in the mixture.

Placed the tomatoes on a bed of the mixture and drizzled the rest of the mixture over the tomatoes.Topped the tomatoes with the tomato puree and chopped tomato sauce, and also sprinkled some well buttered home made breadcrumbs over everything for the crunch factor.

I also added some chicken stock which is homemade to the stuffing to moisten it a bit before stuffing the tomatoes.

I will also make a very thick egg lemon sauce to drizzle over the stuffed tomatoes.

It is now in the oven baking and  the house smells so delicious.

The pets are circling around the kitchen area just waiting for a taste of something so I will moisten their pet food with some juice from the cooled cooked baked stuffed tomatoes, and that should make them very happy.

The aroma is making me so hungry that I cannot wait to eat .

I hope everyone has something delicious to also eat today, and to all Bon ApetiteSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Baked oven stuffed tomatoes stuffed with herbs, chopmeat, and rice filled grapeleaves

@GiantsLover   Wow!  Sounds like you are a wonderful cook!

Valued Contributor

Re: Baked oven stuffed tomatoes stuffed with herbs, chopmeat, and rice filled grapeleaves

Thanks Daysdee....I try to be and love experimenting and creating my own versions of many recipes.

Respected Contributor

Yum, yum, yum !  Thanks so much for the share.  I’ve got a feeling this is going to be my new fav.

Happy summer @GiantsLover .

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much Spacrazy, and I hope it will become a new favorite for you....enjoy!

Also happy summer to you as wellSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover :  Just seeing your additional post and thought I would update you with more compliments on your stuffed tomatoes recipe.  So many variations an this and ALL good.  I no longer eat red meat but this concoction can be tweaked easily with eggplant, squashes, quinoas, etc. All delish !!!

Without your grapeleaves idea I wouldn’t have attempted on my own. Thanks again.

p.s. Let’s see if you still “inspire” me after 9/8 when my Cowboys meet your Giants !!

Hahaha just had to go there...