Honored Contributor

Baked Spaghetti/Cheese Casserole

[ Edited ]

This recipe is easy with simple ingredients and delicious.  Serve with a small salad and garlic bread.

Baked Spaghetti/Cheese Casserole

Boil water for 1/2 lb. spaghetti, cook and set aside

1 lb. ground beef Salt & pepper in skillet when cooking

1/2 chopped small to med. onion

1/2 chopped green bell pepper

1 clove minced garlic (I use garlic press)

1 can tomato soup (Campbells)

1 can cream of mushroom  "

1 can water

1 to 2 cups grated Colby cheese or Cheddar or American

In skillet cook ground beef, garlic, onion and green pepper.  Drain off any fat.  Add two soups and water to ground beef and heat.  Then get a large round casserole (average size casserole) and pour in the beef mixture and add the spaghetti and add 1/2 cup of the cheese.  Pour more of the beef mixture in and spaghetti and top with remaining cheese.  Bake 30 minutes uncovered at 350.  4 - 6 servings.  Enjoy.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Baked Spaghetti/Cheese Casserole

@Katcat1    Sounds good.  Thanks for posting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   This sounds delicious and easy!  Thank you for sharing this with us.

aroc3435

Esteemed Contributor

This sounds so good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some sauces are too spicy for my DH. This recipe would sit well with him. Thanks.

** Edited to tell @Katcat1 that I made it and it's very good. I quartered about a pound of precooked meatballs instead of using hamburger.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add that you should salt & pepper ground beef and vegetables in skillet.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I had been eyeing this recipe for a while and decided to try it for some unexpected out-of-town guests. They just left yesterday, so here I am to review it.

Everyone loved it! I have to say, I did change one thing, but only to double it for our crowd AND to make half of it without the meat--because I wanted some, too lol. It worked out great.

We had a late cold snap, too, so this was perfect. DH said he'd like to have it again.

Thanks, @Katcat1!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady  So glad you like it.  It's easy and it tastes good.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I have been a hot mess all day long, made this and I will tell you, @Katcat1, it really hit the spot!

It is delicous. I was feeling lazy, so I just mixed all together except for most of the cheese and put it on top. Holy Moly this is good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 : I had to modify your recipe today due to current shopping issues. I did not have the tomato soup nor the cream of mushroom but substitute with Hunts meat pasta sauce. Had to use a mixture of sharp cheddar and velveta cheddar. Had less amount spaghetti. But other ingredients listed were used. I knew DH would be upset because his recipe was not use. Plus no French bread and used toast instead. DH said it was good and we had something filling to eat. Thanks for your recipe to help me pull something together. Southern Bee