Esteemed Contributor

I didn't have a recipe for this, but made them last night and they were really good so thought I'd share. This wouldn't feed a large family, but was good for hubby and me.

2 thick boneless loin pork chops

1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs

6 - 8 Ritz crackers

1 egg + 1 tablespoon water

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Seasoned salt, pepper

1 cup chopped onion

1 can sliced mushrooms, drained

2+ Tbsp. vegetable oil

Crush Ritz crackers and add to Panko crumbs on a plate or sheet of wax paper. Mix together and add garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper.

Whisk egg in separate bowl with 1 Tbsp water

Dip pork chops in egg mixture. Coat both sides in Panko/Ritz crumbs; repeat.

Heat oil in pan on medium heat and brown pork chops on both sides (Add more oil if needed).

During last few minutes of browning, add drained mushrooms and chopped onions to pan and stir until onions start to become translucent.

Remove browned pork chops, onions and mushrooms to 8"x8" glass baking dish. Add 3 Tbsp. water and cover tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours until fork tender. If the pork chops are really thick, it will take 1 1/2 hours, but check them after 1 1/4 hours.

I realize this is not a fancy recipe - just "down home cooking".....hubby loved this recipe. I served it with store-bought refrigerated mashed potatoes and made a packet of brown gravy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baked Pork Chops

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1, I would have to leave the mushrooms out or my DH wouldn't eat it, but it looks really delicious (mushrooms and all for me Smiley Happy ) and I'm definitely going to make this soon. thank you for posting this.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

I didn't have a recipe for this, but made them last night and they were really good so thought I'd share. This wouldn't feed a large family, but was good for hubby and me.

2 thick boneless loin pork chops

1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs

6 - 8 Ritz crackers

1 egg + 1 tablespoon water

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Seasoned salt, pepper

1 cup chopped onion

1 can sliced mushrooms, drained

2+ Tbsp. vegetable oil

Crush Ritz crackers and add to Panko crumbs on a plate or sheet of wax paper. Mix together and add garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper.

Whisk egg in separate bowl with 1 Tbsp water

Dip pork chops in egg mixture. Coat both sides in Panko/Ritz crumbs; repeat.

Heat oil in pan on medium heat and brown pork chops on both sides (Add more oil if needed).

During last few minutes of browning, add drained mushrooms and chopped onions to pan and stir until onions start to become translucent.

Remove browned pork chops, onions and mushrooms to 8"x8" glass baking dish. Add 3 Tbsp. water and cover tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours until fork tender. If the pork chops are really thick, it will take 1 1/2 hours, but check them after 1 1/4 hours.

I realize this is not a fancy recipe - just "down home cooking".....hubby loved this recipe. I served it with store-bought refrigerated mashed potatoes and made a packet of brown gravy.

Thank you so much for this recipe @jannabelle1 as I bought a huge pork loin a few months ago and cut it up into different sizes (roasts, chops, etc) and I would love to try this with the chops . . . excellent, thank you again!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

This looks so delicious , I am really gonna try this , Thanks for sharing!

Cathy from ma