Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baileys Chocolate Poke Cake

@butterfly123- this cake looks/sounds absolutely awesome. I don't bake much, but for a special occasion coming up, I'm pretty sure I can follow the directions! It really doesn't sound too complicated for me! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks sooooooo yummy, but I'm too lazy. LOL

I think I'll drink some Bailey's and eat some chocolate cake instead.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@butterfly123

have you made this? I'll come over for a slice

@Yahooey

I made this for my husband. He loves it. You may come for a slice or two. He is willing to share 😊

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

A long time ago you requested that I post dessert recipes I make. This is very rich, moist and delicious 😋 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

OMG!!  I am not much of a baker but I am going to give this a try!  Thanks for posting!

Contributor

This looks so good!  I will be making it when company comes a calling!

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom

A long time ago you requested that I post dessert recipes I make. This is very rich, moist and delicious 😋 

@butterfly123  Did I?  My memory is not what it used to be.  This looks so good!!!

I will copy it in a few days when we are back on internet service.  I'll miss you.

Hugs,  Cathy

Honored Contributor

I would like to give credit to Lindsay of Life, Love and Sugar (.com) the originator of this recipe.

Check out her site and sign up for her emails.  She has the most WONDERFUL desserts (and other recipes).  I have gotten the best cake and cheesecake recipes from her.

Having said that...I just made this last week.

IMHO...the Baileys is very strong overall in the dessert.  And we love Baileys!

We had a hard time finishing it...and my DH who has an incredible sweet tooth, struggled with it.

When I make it again, I will definitely cut back on the baileys and eliminate the Baileys in the topping.  It was just too much for us, anyways!

It really IS easy and didn't take long at all.  I love to bake from scratch!

Honored Contributor

Copied and sent to my recipe file.  It looks yummy1  Thanks for sharing @butterfly123.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this recipe.  It looks absolutely delicious and decadent.  I can't wait to make it.  Doesn't look difficult to me.  Mix and put in pan.  Easy as can be.  I'm on it and thanks again!!! Smiley Happy