Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Ingredients03BE7D96-A1AF-4ECC-87D3-3A25AE42EB0F.jpeg
  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
  • 4 slices organic bacon
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 2 medium tart apples diced (either Pink Ladies or Granny Smith)
  • 1 tbsp organic butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley dill would also be great here!
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  • Place bacon on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Cook bacon for four minutes or until your bacon is nice and crispy.
  • Melt butter in a large sauté pan and cook onion along with a pinch of salt.
  • While the onion is cooking place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam for eight to ten minutes or until they are nice and tender.
  • Once your onions are translucent, toss in your apples and cook for another four to five minutes. You are looking for your apples to get nice brown edges and to become just slightly tender.
  • Once the apples and the onions are ready to go, toss in the Brussels sprouts and season with some salt and pepper. Crumble your bacon over the Brussels sprouts and toss with your parsley. Adjust your seasoning and enjoy!!
  • Makes 4 servings.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bacon Apple Brussel Sprouts

This looks so good !

Thank you for posting @Reconnaissant 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reconnaissant   Not only does it look delicious, I bet it tastes even better.  I like the idea of sweet/tart and spicy (bacon) together.  Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can cook this week.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Sounds delish - thanks!  I buy the frozen brussel sprouts that you steam in the bag - they'd definitely work with this.

Trusted Contributor

@Reconnaissant 

Looking forward to preparing sprouts per your recipe.  You, like Lilbitmissty, are a walking cookbook of great recipes.  Thank you so much for sharing them and for the times you awaken this board!Woman Wink