Respected Contributor

Baby Back Spare Ribs: Deep Fried & Oven Fried.

I made these yesterday. For the Deep Fat Fried ones, I coated each rib in season salt and yellow mustard, then coated it in flour. I fried them in my Fry Daddy. It is preset to 375*. I fried them for 10 min.
For the oven fried ribs, the slab was coated in mayo, but you could use mustard. Then sprinkle on seasoning salt. Coat both sides in a mixture of equal amounts of flour and cornstarch. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 1 hour, then turn over bake 1 more hour at 375*. Cut into ribs and enjoy. We ate them yesterday and today. 4 meals for about 9 bucks. I served slaw and sweet potatoes with the ribs.
Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Back Spare Ribs: Deep Fried & Oven Fried.

There's a rack of St. Louis ribs smoking on our grill as I type.  Just a rub of paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of deep fried or oven fried ribs. Sounds like it would be good.

We don't eat much fried foods anymore. DH likes a chicken fried steak once or twice per year. Most things we eat fried are in the air fryer.

DH just made some baby back ribs on the Pit Boss. We prefer those over spare ribs.

He has a whole chicken & about a 4 lb picnic shoulder pork roast on the Pit Boss. We will have leftovers next week so I don't have to cook. It's hot.

Now I need to eat another peach. LOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, my favorite too....slow smoked, dry rub, baby back ribs! Fall off the bone delicious!

Honored Contributor

I cook them low & slow...they are delicious that way!