Honored Contributor

BREAKFAST QUESADILLAS

[ Edited ]

I tried this recipe out while I was snowed in.  It is a keeper. 

6 slices thick bacon
6 large eggs
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
8 large wheat or corn tortillas

Heat oven to 375.  Place bacon on a rack on a baking sheet.  Cook until crisp.  When cool chop.  

Melt a little bit of butter in a large skillet.  Whisk eggs with a little water or milk.  Pour eggs into skillet scramble.  Season with S&P.  Remove from skillet.  

Cover one tortilla with a thin layer of cheese.  Top with scrambled eggs, chopped bacon and more of the cheese.  Top with second tortilla.  Place in skillet over medium heat.  Cook until cheese melts and tortilla is lightly browned.  Flip and brown other side.  Remove to plate and continue with other tortillas.

I used a little of the bacon grease to brown the tortillas.  I added sliced green onion with the scrambled eggs.  I also used a pizza cutter to slice.  Served with salsa, sour cream and avocado.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne 

This recipe works great with sausage and ham too.  My husband thinks his eggs have to be over easy, until he finally agreed to try a breakfast quesadilla!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

I was also thinking it would be good with jalapeno in it but all I had was green onion.

Respected Contributor

I roll my egg, cheese and bacon/ham/or sausage inside one flour tortilla that I warm over the gas flame, burrito style.  Delicious!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Can I come over for breakfast?

Esteemed Contributor

I normally have the same thing except I don't make it myself and have it in burrito form.  If I'm out for breakfast and a burrito is on the menu, that's generally what I get.  Oh, and I agree, jalapenos are a must!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I make these all the time for  anytime of day. I use chorizo alot. And if I have leftover rice, that goes in too. In fact the hubs is getting a couple for dinner while DD and I have ramen!!!!