Honored Contributor

BONELESS PORK CHOPS - WHAT TO DO?

Haven't cooked pork in more than a decade.  Now suddenly a package of 4 boneless pork chops has arrived, about 1 inch thick, are in the fridge, and not sure what to do ..... would you bake, broil or cook with a sauce in a pan?

I have no memory of ever preparing these!   Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: BONELESS PORK CHOPS - WHAT TO DO?

You could cook them in BBQ sauce. Or cut a pocket in them and stuff them with bread stuffing and bake.  Some people cook them in canned mushroom soup.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  Cook with a sauce in a pan. I recently did this, seared the chops stovetop in oven proof pan like enamel cast iron, put them in oven for about 10 mins till 145°.  Took them out put on plate covered w/foil and let rest. Took pan and sauteed sliced onions with olive oil, 2 tbs za'atar spice,  Italian seasoning would be good too, half & half after sauteeing onions, 2 tbs butter and poured over and plated with pork. 

Can't really go wrong with a pan cream sauce.

Honored Contributor

I like to bake them with sauerkraut and potatoes, maybe even some sliced apple. Yum.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Haven't cooked pork in more than a decade.  Now suddenly a package of 4 boneless pork chops has arrived, about 1 inch thick, are in the fridge, and not sure what to do ..... would you bake, broil or cook with a sauce in a pan?

I have no memory of ever preparing these!   Woman Surprised

I haven't eaten a pork chop in over 2 decades, but I do prepare them for my husband and family.

Barbequed is most requested, although I've slathered them with mustard and pure maple syrup.  I've only baked them.  The ones I get are usually a little thicker.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a ceramic pan that  has a lid . I quiclky  sear the   seasoned  ( salt pepper)  thick cut boneless chops to get some brown on them. Then add onions and pealed sliced apples add chicken broth  and applecider vineagr .  I add fennel seed or fresh diced fennel  . put the lid on an  turn heat down on low .  boil red potatos . Makes a good dinner

Esteemed Contributor

Many good ideas others have posted. Couple of ways I prepare listed below.

Simply grilled with salt and pepper.

Smothered in some sort of sauce, nd covered with mushrooms and onions if you like those veggies.

If you scroll down there are recipe for French Onion pork chops and Ranch pork chops that will give you an idea how long to cook and at what temp.

I personally brine my pork for 4-6 hours before I cook. 1/ 4 c salt & 1/4 c sugar to 8 cups of water. Scale down if you don't need 8 cups water to cover pork chops. Pull out of brine and pat dry 30 minutes before cooking and allow to get to room temp prior to cooking,

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I would just Shake and Bake them.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - You can half this recipe for 4 chops. I use boneless ones instead of regular ones with bones all of the time. (I can't remember where I got this.)

Coke Pork Chops 

8 pork chops 

1 cup ketchup 

1 cup Coke 

2 Tbsp. brown sugar 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pork chops in baking dish and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Mix other ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork chops. Bake one hour until done. *

* Since I use boneless it doesn't take as long. I usually check after 40 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

Delicious in the crock pot too. Just cook them slow with a can of cream of mushroom soup and they come out nice and tender.