Contributor

BLUE JEAN CHEF RECIPE FOR CHILI MAC IN PRESSURE COOKER?

Does anyone have this recipe?  Would love it if you will share. 

Honored Contributor

Re: BLUE JEAN CHEF RECIPE FOR CHILI MAC IN PRESSURE COOKER?

If it's the chili mac from her new cookbook you may have to wait a bit as I believe it is being launched later this month.

Trusted Contributor

CHILI MACARONI Serves 4 to 6 Ingredients: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pound lean ground beef 1 onion, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped 1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced with or without the seeds (optional) 3 tablespoons chili powder 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped 1 cup beef stock 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1⁄2 pound elbow macaroni salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 cups grated Pepperjack or Cheddar cheese sour cream for garnish (optional) Directions: 1. Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting. 2. Add the oil and brown the beef, breaking it up as you do. Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, Jalapeño pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt and cook for just a couple minutes more. Stir in the tomatoes, beef stock, beans and macaroni, and lock the lid in place. 3. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. 4. Release the pressure using the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid. Give the ingredients a good stir and season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the grated cheese and serve with a dollop of sour cream if you like.

THIS WAS ON HER FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.

BOOP

Contributor

Thank you both for your posts.  The chili mac demonstrated last Sunday was from her new book, but I was sure she had made it before during a demonstration.  The recipe Boop posted has kidney beans in it, and I don't remember seeing any beans in the one on Sunday.  She said all her recipes in the new book are new, but I thought she was comparing to her last pressure cookbook only.   Probably a brand new chili mac!   Maybe I will repost after her new book comes out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kim, I did catch at the very beginning of the cookbook presentation that Meredith confirmed all of the recipes in the new cookbook are brand new, no duplicates with any of her previous books.  I know they sold a lot of them so I'm sure someone will have the recipe once they ship.

Welcome to the Recipe forum, we're glad to see you!

Contributor

Thank you mtc! 

Honored Contributor

I am not on FB but I went to Blue Jean Chef's FB and saw all her beautiful photos of food and her dogs.  She appears to so enjoy her life.  Made me  hungry looking at all the food.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."